“I’m sorry about that. Really, I am, but this dimension is my home now.
Considering how they treated him when he came out, I see no reason for him to go back. Especially after Lana had the gall to sue him.

I promised Lois that I wouldn’t leave Earth, or namely this universe, until after her death,”
Maybe Herb should come back in 100 years than.

This is my home now.”
Yes! Clark is staying.

“Even knowing what you do about the curse?” the time traveler asked.
What they think they know might not be what they think it is.

Herb looked away, and Clark felt bad. He hadn’t wanted Herb to feel guilty.
He should. If it was not for Wells being an unbearable wrecker of everything, things might be much better now.

Herb hadn’t expressed his ‘holiday’ idea well, true, but the man hadn’t known at the time that there would a major hiccup to Clark’s ‘happily ever after’ in this dimension, either.
Rubbish. Wells knew just as much about the curse then as he does now.

“But…” Herb said, raising both his voice and his hands. “I’d say it’s fairly close to improbable.”
Rubbish. Wells knows nothing of this. All he is doing is spouting rubbish.

Herb nodded. “There’s always hope.”
Not when Wells visits.

Herb’s brow furrowed. “She didn’t?”
Now I dislike Wells even more. It seems he was banking on that and hoping to get Clark to leave at such a low time.

“The Lois of my universe, prior to ever developing a romantic attachment to our Clark, was seriously engaged to Lex Luthor,”
But she backed out on her own without having learned anything of Luthor's evil, because she realized she loved Clark.

“Seriously engaged?” Clark’s eyes narrowed. “Did you know this when you visited me in February?”
Of course he did Clark. Did you actually think Wells was your friend?

“As I said, the Lois and Clark from my universe did not start dating until almost a year after she…” His voice faded to silence.
Some things in canon looked a lot like dates to me. Like their trip to the "Magic of the Nght Ball".

“No! Heavens, no, Clark. No. No. No,” Herb repeated. “They were never officially married.” He made a sharp cutting gesture with his hand.
Shows what Wells knows. She said an emphatic "no" at the altar.

Clark raised an eyebrow.

“It’s very romantic, really,” Herb hastened to reassure him. “The historical record says that Lois Lane rejected Luthor because she couldn’t stop thinking of Clark Kent.”
OK, good for Clark to hear that.

“Me?”
That isn't even possible.

Clark pinched his lips together. “Of course.”
Clark you have your own Lois, stop being greedy and wanting them all to love you.

I am glad that Clark knows that Lois backed out because she loved Clark (and not because of Superman). Although since he does not know when canon Lois learned CK=SM, he doesn't technically know that.

Not that it was something he would have to worry about that day, or the next, or even on the day Lex Luthor was dragged behind bars,
I think he is underestimating how much Lois will want to celebrate on that day.

Clark: No matter how much she wants to celebrate that day, I can put it off without bringing up the curse.

but soon Clark would need to explain things to Lois.
There are also some things Lois needs to tell more clearly to Clark.

Before then, he would have to figure out exactly what and how he would tell her why they couldn’t yet move forward that part of their relationship.
Well there was the vow to save Carlos's life.

Clark could have lived without knowing that there was a part of Lois’s DNA, which could actually want Luthor for a husband.
But she backed out because she always loved you more Clark.

when he had told her the story of how his parents had died.
More lkely [b]lie[/] about how his parents died.

instead of spend a cozy evening at Lois’s apartment eating take-out Chinese food, laughing and talking about their rotten childhoods as if they were a normal couple.
Gag at such intimacy.

John Pack Lambert