party party party party party party party party

Phil’s eyes widened as his finger pointed and his mouth fell open further in a familiar gesture that Clark hadn’t seen since moving away from his home dimension. “You’re…!”
This is the best thing that could happen for Cat and Phil's relationship. Of course Cat didn't want to break Clark's confidence, but it's better for her not to have any secrets from her fiance. I have to assume that Phil is trustworthy enough to handle Clark's secret appropriately.

“Sure, why not? It’s not like all those other times I trusted you recently haven’t blown up in my face. So, I’ll trust you again, just this once, since you’ve already promised not to kill me,” Clark snapped in a sharper tone than he had spoken to anyone in quite a long time.
Yeah, he has good reason to say that to her.

“And secondly…” She set her hand on his shoulder. “You need to forgive me for being even worse at showing you how much I love you.”
I really didn't expect her to actually admit how bad her behavior has been.

“I’m sorry if our lines of communication were cut, but…”

“Lines of communication? What lines? What communication? You didn’t tell me anything,” he grumbled
Exactly!!!!!!!!

“I tried to tell you my secret earlier, but we… I kept getting interrupted.
Lois shouldn't fault him for not telling her. She deliberately cut him off when she knew that he was about to tell her. It's her fault that he didn't tell her. If she wasn't so stubborn, it would have been resolved much earlier.

Virginia, thank you, thank you, thank you for finally letting our heroes sit down and talk and hash things out properly. Now maybe they can get somewhere.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)