mrsMxyzptlk: Wow, I've really made you think. smile1

That's a good question. He must have bought controlling shares in the company. I'm not sure how that works, though, since that would mean that a majority of the shareholders would be wanting to sell at the same time. If he only buys what's available at any given moment, that should drive the price up pretty heavily for remaining shares, right? Then some remaining shareholders would be looking to sell because suddenly their shares are worth much more than they paid for them, and others would want to hold on to see how high the stock goes. Or something. I don't see him getting controlling shares all at once. He would probably have to buy them over a period of time.
Good point. I hope you don't mind but I shared your thoughts about this with the BatP/HoL Episode Discussion thread . I have a tendency to question little details, such as this one, the writers expected the audience take at face value.

Lois is still ridiculously delusional.
help

Lois really seems to have no grip on reality. The further she goes into her mess of an "investigation", the more I think that she actually does belong in an asylum. She seems to think that the world revolves around her and that certain people should automatically know what she expects them to know and think what she expects them to think. She also seems to think that a method of investigation that has never yielded anything useful but has massive risks is worth pursuing regardless of its detriment to absolutely everyone. I realize that she puts no importance on her personal life relative to her career, so ruining her relationship with Clark is reasonable to her in pursuit of a story, but she's also damaging her reputation and career. Her justification in risking her career is that she's trying to save Clark, but even if she does succeed, he's not going to want to have anything to do with her by the time she's done. Nothing she's done since Nightfall, or maybe earlier, has had any positive effect on anything.
So, you're saying that Lois is the type to admit that she's made a mistake, instead of stubbornly continuing to barrel down the wrong road until her car falls off a cliff or until she yields results, whichever comes first?

Furthermore, the more she interacts with Luthor, the more he has control over what she does and what she learns. She would have had a much easier time investigating him if she had stayed low on his radar and given him no reason to pay attention to her.
Yes, hindsight is usually 20/20.

Finally, once she does get evidence of any sort on Luthor's wrongdoings, is anyone going to believe her, and will it be admissible in court? She just might be stepping on the toes of the police in there more effective, prosecutable case against him.
HENDERSON: Tell me about it.

Thank you for your comments and continuing readership, despite wanting to bash in my characters' heads. Yes, Lois's life and investigation is spiraling out of her control. The more tightly she tries to hold on to that control, the more it slips through her fingers. That's on purpose. evil

LOIS: Say, what? mad

The name of this story arc is "Rotten Luck Happens in Threes". The rotten luck isn't all Clark's.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.