John: Thanks for the FDK. smile1
/sad/ she really is forgetting that this story could makes things very bad for Clark.
Yes, but only if it gets reported.

Especially since Clark has never been told about it, so without telling the chief that CK=SM, it might be a bit hard to explain how he knows anything.
But being that Clark already admitted that Lois had told him a little about it (okay, while he was dressed as SM), and because Perry doesn't know WHO specifically Lois told, and since Clark knows that Lois knows he's SM, I'm not seeing the problem here.

Of course Lex knows about Clark's proposal.
Of course, WE know that, but how would Lois know that Lex knows? Because she saw his man Mitch in the park that day?

She really should have tried harder to make sure all her notes were secure before leaving.
LOIS: Clearly, there's no sanctity of one's desk anymore. /this, of course, assuming that her desk would have been left a shrine to her until she returned./

Sounds like he tried to back out of giving the help he promised.
Usually when people promise a 'favor' they aren't expecting it to be redeemed with a federally prosecuted crime, especially after one has JUST LEFT PRISON! So, yeah, that might've made Eugene Laderman a bit nervous to help out Lois.

So did Lois get any hands on connection with her partner while they were busting Carpenter?
You mean, did they hide under the desk together? Sadly, no.
CLARK: I did offer to take her to the ceiling with me, but she declined.
LOIS: Not at the Met Star publisher's office, Clark. Really!

At least, she knew the story would be safe in Clark’s hands.
JOHN: If only.
CLARK: Should I feel offended?
EW: I believe, Clark, that John meant 'if only' the story were in your hands.
CLARK: Right. Sorry. blush

They really should have made sure to lock them up safely when she stored out.
JIMMY: I thought they were blank! Why would she keep written in notebooks in her desk?
LOIS: Who would be stupid enough to search my desk?

She might let him have her body, but would she reveal the location of her story notes to him?
help

“Jimmy mentioned you. You’re the new research assistant Luthor hired, aren’t you? Welcome on-board!”
JOHN: I just love this line.
Clark is being sincere.

Another good guess. Although if he just wrote it might not make him qualified to run a newspaper.
'Write and edit' had been in first guess, but even 'write' is better than never have published before.

Go Clark, go.
CLARK: Why would I want to go to Fort Truman? I'm heading to England to find out who sabotaged Daitch's computer at EPRAD, much more important that some DOJ Press Conference.

I think that should be "always what they".
I really should prep these earlier than 11pm. wallbash Thanks. Fixed.

I think that should be "idea of how".
/hangs head in shame/ Thanks. Fixed.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.