He knew this would happen. “I’ve emptied the entire box, sir. Her notebooks aren’t there. I even double-checked her old desk. Nada.”
They really should have made sure to lock them up safely when she stored out.

The Chief snapped his fingers. “Kent! He’s… was her partner. He would know where she keeps her story notes.”
She might let him have her body, but would she reveal the location of her story notes to him?

His boss stared at him out of the corner of his eye for a moment. “And we’re all lucky that Kent’s not litigious. If Lois had done that to…” He froze, stiffening. His voice went cold. “Is Ralph in today?”
smile1 Perry figured out what is happening.

Jimbo shook his head. “Nah. Jimmy told me yesterday when I was looking for him that because weekends are slow time for financial reporting
I think that should be "are a slow time".

Stole a story? How can I steal a story from someone who doesn’t work there anymore?
Sadly for Ralph he is uninformed about Lois's real employment situation.

Ralph drummed his fingers on the cover of the notebooks. Did Kent know about Lois’s investigation of EPRAD?
Of course.

Call the police and report what’s happened. They’ll want to investigate. Inform them that I’ve taken this man to the hospital and will be contact with them to issue my statement,”
I think that should be "will be in contact with".

Lois wasn’t quite sure how she ended up walking into work at LNN on Monday morning. She knew how she got there and why she was there, but a part of her was still unsure if it was the right thing to do.
Probably not, she seems to be making no progress against Lex. I said this was a horrible plan from the start.

She wasn’t jealous of Mrs. Cox, not in the least. Personally, she preferred Lex satisfied by another woman, because even considering what that poor Mrs. Cox must endure made Lois nauseous.
At least she has some sympathy for Mrs. Cox.

He had given Lois some lame excuse about being in Washington D.C. for a fundraiser. Lex didn’t even have the decency to tell her which fundraiser it was.
And he has the audacity to ask her to marry him?

“I worked there for practically ten years, Lex. Of course, I’d care. Do you think so little of my opinion that you never even asked me if you should buy the paper?” Lois said.
Clearly he thinks that little of her opinion.

“Well, this is fortuitous, Lois, because I didn’t want you to work at the New York Times.” His answers were louder now, so he must be alone. “I want you to work for me.”
He is such a manipulative creep.

Lex had chuckled. “I try to keep work and pleasure separate, darling.”
Another set of lies from Luthor.

Lois didn’t know what was wrong with her. She had been so emotional lately.
Sounds like the pregnancy is starting to get to her.

He wished he could have Lois and her reporter’s instinct there to assist him with the monotony of the research,
Oh, I thought it was other things about Lois that cut down on the monotony.

and even had lifted up the receiver to call her, before recalling that she didn’t work for the Daily Planet anymore.
This is so sad.

Now, it was Monday morning again, and Clark would finally have Jimmy or Jimbo to help him narrow down the list further.
At least this story is starting to move, which is about all I can say for it.

“Oh, Chip. Nice to meet you,” Clark said, extending his hand. “Jimmy mentioned you. You’re the new research assistant Luthor hired, aren’t you? Welcome on-board!”
clap I just love this line.

“Oh, so you used to write and edit for the Harvard Crimson, then?” Clark inquired.

“No.”
Good lines.

“The Harvard Business Journal?” Clark pressed again.

“No.”
Another good guess. Although if he just wrote it might not make him qualified to run a newspaper.

“Trying to do research without any support staff, apparently,” Clark responded.
Another good line.

“Well, I’m in charge now. I want you to drop everything and head over to Fort Truman. There’s a press conference scheduled about…”
Go Clark, go.

He had learned recently that people weren’t always they seemed to be.
I think that should be "always what they".

He had no idea on how to run a shoeshine stand, let alone a major newspaper.
I think that should be "idea of how".

John Pack Lambert