blush I know, I know...it's been awhile...

“I don’t want you going to the Fifth Street Mission anymore, Lois,” Lex said after the waiter departed to place their order.
Yeah, that’ll stop her.

Lois took a sip of her water and, knowing that this topic would be brought up, merely said, “Too bad.”
laugh
He sputtered in a most un-Lex like manner. “You’ve been arrested before?”
How did he manage to miss that?

An agreeing smile uncurled upon Lex’s lips. “Is that so?” He leaned towards her and whispered, “Me, too.”
Ooh…maybe she should have kept that to herself…
Stop trying to buy me, Lex. I’m not for sale
Uh oh, he make take that as a challenge Lois!
“Just say the word, and you’ll have a guaranteed job for life with me. I always need someone with your fire and expertise,” he insisted.
She didn’t get the job at LNN, what are you going to, buy the Daily Planet?
“I didn’t know you even were interviewing with LNN, my dear,” Lex replied.
Suuure you didn’t
“I like that you like me for me.”
HA!
This is Dave Robertson, News Director at LNN, and I apologize for not calling you sooner.” He sniffled and coughed. “I’ve been home with a terrible cold.” He sounded like he should still be at home. “Apparently, in the confusion my assistant forgot to contact you.
That’s suspicious…
“If you want to walk into a job interview where you’ll probably be ambushed into answering why they should hire you being that you’re the mole who allowed Lex Luthor to acquire the Daily Planet, that’s your business. No skin off my nose.”
I take it back! I take it back! Don’t buy the Planet!!
“Then why did he just sign the papers to buy it after lunch today?”
frown
Lex had proposed as well, but Lois hadn’t rejected him. Why? Had Luthor’s prosposal been more romantic?
*bangs head against wall*