“I go exploring. I dig and dig and dig until I unearth something shiny and then I share it with the world,” Lois replied, taking a bite of her bread. “It’s very fulfilling.”
Hopefully Luthor does not suspect too much from Lois's threat.

he asked, leaning towards her and running his hand down her arm.
Gag.

Was that the allure? That he had paid for her and yet never had been able to possess her? Lois had some front-page news for him. He never would.
clap dance

She looked up from her salad, almost feeling sorry for the creep. Did he truly not know what it took to have a woman love him without paying for her?
He probably really had no clue.

A part of her knew that she wouldn’t see Superman, but it didn’t stop her from looking. She had seen him fly overhead heading north just after she had stepped out of the cab ten minutes before.
dance Lois saw Clark.

“Okay,” he continued. “So, are you saying that you’re low in funds because you’re unemployed? Everyone knows that you’ve been warming Luthor’s sheets…”
dance all the children were saved.

Lois had demonstrated this subconscious fear of becoming broke on occasion. She checked payphones, vending machines, and under his couch cushions for left change, not to mention being stingy with tips.
None of these are a sign of loving wealth and opulence.

John Pack Lambert