John: Thanks for the comments.
grumble No Lois and Clark interacting again in this section. grumble grumble grumble
hyper

On first reading I thought she was being entirely truthful in this response to Henderson's comment. However on further thought I realized that she is not. A big reason why she rejected the gift was the giver, and what it represented both that a-he tried to give it to her, and b-much more, that he refused to accept her initial rejection of it.
And c) it was ugly. So, semi-truthful. Lois's description of the watch when Lex first showed it to her:
Part 69
Figuring that she would seem rude if she didn’t accept the gift, she opened the box and found an ornate, jeweled watch inside. At least, it was semi-practical, but she had a watch that she loved. This gift from Lex wasn’t at all her taste or style, and she knew on sight that she would never wear it. “Thank you, Lex, but I cannot accept such a lavish gift,” Lois said, trying to hand back the watch, and then added in a teasing tone, “Perry might accuse me of bias.”

“No, no! I insist that you keep it, Lois,” Lex said, refusing to allow her to return it. “I had it made especially for you.”

She took another look at the chunky green and red crystals, which adorned the watch. They seemed to catch the light and appeared almost to glow from within. It was a bit Christmassy, but in a tacky, stomach churning way. Maybe she could re-gift it to her mother, who was apt to despise the scarf Lois had bought her and let Lois know as much. “Thank you, Lex, that was very kind of you,” she said, slipping it into her briefcase.
Then when Lex tries to kiss her, she decides not to accept the watch at all and gives it back.

If Clark only knew about this rejection of a gift from Luthor, he might be less torn up about the LoLex watch.
LOIS: *Or* he could just trust me when I say it means nothing to me.

Clark:Then why was she so quick to go with Luthor when he offered her something, if she is not obsessed with material things.
LOIS: dance Who would've thunk it? Not I!

She is thinking very clearly about all this.
Well, she knows that Green K makes him lose his powers, so how come he didn't die in the cold water? Must've been the red K.

Good point. Although red kryptonite seems to do whatever is called for by the plot. I am still not entirely clear what it did in this encounter.
Red K in the show and in my stories are all about Clark "losing control". Earlier back when he was a teenager it affected Clark's emotions (cough, cough, with Rachel) and here it affected his physical control, which is why one little kick flew him out of the water to hit his head on the dock. According to Lethal Weapon, Green counters Red, so perhaps Red counteracts Green by enhancing Clark's powers.

I was hoping she would take this opportunity to explain more in detail her connection to the watch, allowing for possible implicating of Luthor.
LOIS: Again, don't really want it known that I'm associating with Lex.

What, he ticketed her for dropping the watch into the water? That seems extreme and odd. Or is something else going on.
Why not? She admitted to littering? If she had cooperated more, he probably wouldn't have done this, but he knows she's with-holding information, so he's punishing her for doing so.

What, they had the hearing at 5:30 AM? That seems excessively early.
Night court.

Actually, I got the impression she did not know who bailed her out. sad that this is creating another wedge between her and Clark.
She didn't know.

Why not just tell Perry he loves her?
PERRY: He doesn't need to tell the yodeler anything. I already know.

Lois:For the last time, I don't need protecting.
[Linked Image]

That sentence does not make sense, I would half think Henderson would say "you are several floors off and" since he is not floors late, although it probably is a realistic sentence as written reflecting what someone might say. On the other hand, since at some point in the recent past Lois was in that room, it is also incorrect in saying that Clark is several floors off. He is in the right place, just not the right time.
Thanks. Added the 'off'. Henderson isn't telling that he interviewed Lois, which is why it was included. wink

I am surprised he did not do that sooner than now.
He didn't realize it was missing.

I think that should be "was a crazy".
Ooops. Thanks. Fixed.

<sad> that he is mistrusting Lois. Maybe if he went now he would find her on her way there. I was really hoping that him and Lois would see each other here at the police station.
It isn't that he's mistrusting Lois, he just doesn't want to jump to conclusions as he did earlier with Perry.

I guess hunting her down might make her feel that he is not trusting her. However right now I suspect she would be very, very glad to see him.
Unless, of course, she was with Lex.
LOIS: Then I'd be very, very, very glad to see him but angry at hell that he doesn't trust me.
CLARK: Him! *Him* I don't trust.
LOIS: Uh-huh. :rolleyes:

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.