Time to catch up with FDK. smile1

mrsMxyzptlk: Thank you taking the time to comment. laugh
One of my many suggestions for possible reasons why Henderson wanted to talk to Lois was right! smile I'm glad that Henderson has the watch, and I hope that Luthor's spies in the MPD don't know about it or don't know enough to report it to him. Hmmm... I don't think Clark's that lucky.
Luckily, Henderson knows enough not to keep it regular evidence lock-up.

It's a pity that Lois doesn't feel like she can tell Henderson where she got the watch. I assume that he would be trustworthy with the knowledge that she's investigating Luthor, but does she know that she can trust him? (Please tell me that Henderson is actually trustworthy. I love that guy! I always picture the version from the old George Reeves Adventures of Superman show.)
Yes, Henderson is trustworthy, otherwise I wouldn't have let him on the secret. Lois, on the other hand, trusts very few people (um... Perry, Clark, and possibly Jimmy). So, trusting a cop, especially after being arrested, isn't up there on her to-do list. I like the Henderson from the old AoS show too, but this one is based on Richard Belzer's portrayal. He was the main reason I watched L&O:SVU because the storylines usually were too graphically horrible for me, but he kept dragging me back. Here, I thought his Henderson would be a great love interest for Cat. Unfortunately, I had already married him off. Sigh. Maybe they would be perfect for one another in another dimension. Hmmmmm. Interesting thought...

I wonder what's going to happen as a result of Luthor having a picture of the Kents. Was the picture labeled? Will he be able to figure out who they are? (Or who their counterparts are?)
What Lex did with the photo is described in this scene from:
Part 84:
Lex set down the phone. He held the small photo retrieved from Kent’s safety deposit box in his hand. A couple thousand dollars worth of gold and an old photo of a couple were all that his team had found. He hated that Kent remained an enigma.

Nigel knocked on his door, and Lex waved him in. “What do you have for me?”

“This is the article from the Daily Planet about Superman retrieving his missing ship from that couple in Kansas,” Nigel explained.

Lex compared the photos. It was the same couple. They were a little bit older now, but the appearance clearly showed the same people. “So, this confirms that he is their son?” he asked.

Nigel shook his head. “There is no record of the Kents having any children.”

Lex tapped his fingers on his desk, turning the photo around in his other hand. “You mentioned that it was thought that Kent was the illegitimate child of this farmer, is that not correct? Any leads on that front?”

“If he was, Jonathan Kent’s name wasn’t on the birth certificate,” Nigel said.

Lois said she had seen Kent’s birth certificate. If so, where was it? Nigel had searched Kent’s apartment personally, and didn’t find it. The safety deposit box, while a good idea, had nothing of real value in it. Lois claimed to know his true identity, but then again Kent already had gained her affections. She could have lied to Lex about it. “Float him,” Lex ordered. He had already spent more than enough time on this man.
Lex then tosses the photo in his fireplace. The Kents, themselves, are useless to him unless he discovers that CK=SM.

At least they have a birth certificate for Clark, but how are they going to explain his not growing up in Smallville? They can claim that they raised him, but that won't fly if anyone asks the residents of Smallville about it.
cool

I wonder if there were any other messages on Clark's answering machine tape. They got to the safety deposit box one and stopped.
The rest of the messages on the tape were from Lois (mostly yelling at Clark) and can also be found in Part 84

I'm really enjoying these new developments.
Thank you. For some reason, great A-plots only come to me when I'm in the middle of an already too long fic. laugh

I read that as "his nightmare about (Luthor killing him) and (Lois polluting his mind)" instead of "his nightmare about (Luthor killing him and Lois) polluting his mind."
I've reworked it, so now Lois isn't polluting his mind. wink Thank you.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.