grumble No Lois and Clark interacting again in this section. grumble grumble grumble

“Not feeling very pro-good guy at the moment,” she grumbled, stepping into the elevator. Where in the hell had her good guy been all night?
It looks like Lois is mad that Clark did not bail her out sooner.

“Okay, Henderson, you’re being overly friendly,” Lois accused the inspector as she watched him glance through his office window to the street below.
So does he see Luthor's limo waiting?

Lois choked on her donut. It was a photo of her watch.
Why didn't he show this to her sooner?

The Kryptonite watch that Lex had given to her at Christmas.
I guess she is sure it is Kryptonite now.

Henderson pressed his lips together, shut the box of donuts, and moved it out of her reach. Great. He was playing both good cop and bad cop with her… multiple personalities cop.
It is how he deals with the budget cuts.

Lois couldn’t picture Cat as a law and order type,
frown I was hoping this would make Lois suspect that Cat ratted her out for hiding Lauderman.

but then again, her brother-in-law did work for the MPD, so maybe he turned it over to the good inspector.
And maybe he reported that Lois was hiding a fugitive. Suspect Cat, suspect Cat!

“No,” she replied. It wasn’t hers. Lex gave it to her. She refused it and gave it back. He slipped it into her briefcase, and she threw it away. She had never accepted it.
Why does she just not admit it is hers, more or less?

Henderson thought about that for a moment, and then shrugged. “About six weeks ago, a jeweler in the diamond district had his neck broken. His shop was set ablaze to cover up the murder. The fire spread to neighboring shops, decimating a series of historic buildings and businesses.”
This seems like overkill.

Lex had been drunk and upset that she wasn’t wearing the watch.
hyper she thinks Lex was drunk.

No, wait, not drunk, Miranda had sprayed him with her love potion.
I was hoping she would not remember that detail.

The following day, Clark had flaked out of a press conference to cover that fire. Understandable now that she knew the truth, but at the time very annoying. Boring press conferences were much better with Clark’s presence
hyper she likes being with Clark.

She could tie Lex directly to the watch. If Henderson could link the watch to this dead jeweler, did that mean she could tie Lex to this jeweler’s murder?
party she can end her undercover investigation now.

Only… only, it was her word against Lex’s that he gave her the Kryptonite watch. Damn! Moreover, nobody had ever seen her with it, or saw him give it to her. It was all circumstantial evidence, too.
OK, I guess I jumped the gun. Still, wouldn't things go better if she told Henderson that Luthor gave her the watch.

“According to the brother of the dead jeweler, the crystals on this watch were cut in his style,” Henderson said.
Clearly links it to Luthor. Motives are clearly even shown. Still, probably not enough to make charges stick. Still, wouldn't it be better if more people knew what was up?

Superman had worked that fire, but Clark hadn’t gotten sick.
All the kryptonite that jeweler ever saw was at the bottom of the bay by then. If Luthor had more he did not process if through that jeweler.

“No. I don’t. I don’t know anything about it actually, except what Clark wrote in his article,” she said.
Why does she not put forward her theory that Luthor did the dead?

“Well, you may have noticed, Lois, the invisible sign outside my door, which reads ‘Organized Crime Division’,” Henderson said.
Tell him your suspicions of who did the murder, Lois.

“Yeah, if I investigated organized crime, I’d probably not brag about it either,” Lois admitted.
Isn't that what she is doing investigating Luthor?

Or, thirdly, could it all have been a terrible coincidence?
Sadly it is the third case.

John Pack Lambert