Save for the part about Lex having tried and failed to give her the watch the night before, and admitting at that luncheon in February that he had slipped it into her briefcase before she had left the Christmas Eve party.
Why is she not telling Henderson that part?

She shook her head. “I accidentally left my briefcase at work on Christmas Eve. Anyone could have slipped it inside,” she said. She now understood how Clark could say one thing, which sounded like another, without truly lying.
We'll the shaking her said makes this really seem like lying to me.

Lois thought for a moment. “Yeah. Later on in the day, he came in. We had been out late the night…”
smile1 she admits they were together.

“What is this? The dating game? Clark and I are friends and partners, nothing more,” she lied.
I am glad it is a lie.

“We hang out sometimes. That night, Cat Grant had invited us to her family’s Christmas party…”
Lois:Well, actually it was more just Clark who was invited, and I came as his plus one, but Henderson does not need to know that.

“Your partner being found in Hob’s Bay with this bauble stuck around his shoe,” he said.
Actually it is a result of narrative efficiency.

Lois’s jaw dropped for a brief moment. “Stuck around his shoe?”
No wonder he nearly died.

“How did it get around his shoe?” she asked.
He was swimming near the bottom of the ocean.

“Was it there all night?” Lois asked. Maybe red Kryptonite does something different to Clark than green does, she thought.
She is thinking very clearly about all this.

Green Kryptonite takes away Clark’s powers, but what if red made him stronger? Nah, if that were the case, Clark wouldn’t have ended up in the hospital with an IV in his arm.
Good point. Although red kryptonite seems to do whatever is called for by the plot. I am still not entirely clear what it did in this encounter.

“Back? But you claimed it wasn’t yours,” Henderson replied.
frown I was hoping she would take this opportunity to explain more in detail her connection to the watch, allowing for possible implicating of Luthor.

“Fine, rare crystals,” Lois corrected, with a roll of her eyes. Last thing she or Clark needed was to have Lex find out that MPD had her watch and steal it back.
That would be bad, very bad.

“It’s a ticket, Ms. Lane, for littering. Please pay it on your way out.”
smile1 he is collaborating Lois's story exactly, even though the inclusion of Lois in the invite is a bit of a stretch.

Clark’s heart skipped a beat as he broke out in a sweat. The watch was real. It was almost as if he could feel the Kryptonite shards pierce his skin as they had in his nightmare.
He should realize that dreams often involve real images, even if you can not fully access them with your conscience mind. Of course, I guess in context it seem to just be a reflection on Lois "bought with a watch" Lane.

Lois:I was not bought with a watch. I took the watch as part of my investigation. Stop harping on it, you are totally misunderstanding it. Lex did not get anything out of giving me the watch.

Reader:Me thinks she doth protest too much.

Lois:You just don't get it.

He tried to take a deep breath, but only managed several shallow ones, before picking up the photo with a shaking hand. He knew his reaction could only be from his nightmare, as Kryptonite couldn’t harm him through a photograph. “Where? I… This… What is this?” he finally asked.
It must be a disturbing nightmare.

Lois: grumble At Herb and his talk of curses.

“I’ll be discreet, Kent,” Henderson promised softly. “It’s possible that your dream has something to do your disappearance.”
I think that should be "do with your".

“I doubt it,” Clark replied, setting the photo back down on the desk.
Not unless Lois came over to his apartment and they were getting really friendly like, at least to the level of good friends as seen in "Lord of the Flies", when the kidnappers came and took Clark.

“Wait. Does this have to do with my abduction?” He pointed at the picture.
I guess Lois has not told him about her theory about the watch at all. frown

“It’s a watch?” Clark exclaimed, picking up the photo again and studying it closer. “Oh, God, it is a watch.” He took a deep breath and exhaled, trembling. “In my dream, Lois was wearing this watch. It had been a gift from Luthor. He shot it off her wrist, and it… it… killed us both.”
Interesting. The watch killed Lois. I guess flying pieces of metal and crystal do that.

“Hmmmm,” Henderson contemplated this answer. “Where were you when this happened?”
At first this seemed a really odd question, until I looked closer and realized that the "midst of rapture" was in Clark's thoughts and he had not said anything directly to admit what he was doing with Lois in the dream. Although his claims about "it's personal" might suggest it was something he would not want to share.

Clark set down the picture upside-down. “At the Daily Planet, in the stairwell.”
I was expecting him to say "in bed". I guess though the stairwell is where they were most recently friendly-like.

“I told you it didn’t have anything to do with my attempted murder.”
Well, since Henderson knew that the watch was not shot, I am not sure why he expected it to have any clear meaning here.

“Probably not,” Henderson replied, and then shot him a grin. “Unless Lois had something to do with your abduction.”

Clark didn’t even dignify that statement with a response.
Well, his abduction occurred because of Lois.

Clark leaned forward. “No, let me hear it.” He caught the policeman’s eyes. “Please.” He was missing so much of that night that he didn’t even remember leaving this message on Lois’s machine, despite Lois having mentioned it to him. He was curious what he had said.
This makes sense.

Clark leaned back in his chair. Telling Lois not to worry about him because he was invulnerable on the very night he was abducted and exposed to Kryptonite seemed quite ironic now,
Or maybe just a sign he was getting too prideful, since his exposure and near death was largely the result of his stupid checking of a glow underwater that he should have realized was Kryptonite.

Minha. That seemed so long ago, and Clark wondered if Lois could ever really be ‘his’.
frown especially since in many ways she already is.

Henderson popped out that tape and taking another one from the file, placed it into the machine. “Any idea on what that story was you were planning on telling your partner, loverboy?”
I half think it would seem more normal for Henderson to say "any idea what that story was". The on seems like an unneeded word.

Clark blushed. No point in denying that he and Lois were a couple to Henderson. Clearly, the man wasn’t buying the whole “just partners” ruse.
The minha kills that.

Clark had been going to tell Lois he was Superman.
grumble at Luthor for messing everything up.

Clark’s brow furrowed and he held up a hand. “Wait. My bank contacted me about my safety deposit box? It shouldn’t be up for renewal yet. I rented it last May. Why would they call me?” He looked at the inspector in confusion.
I thought Lois had told Clark about this call at some point.

Henderson stopped the tape. “Kent, I’m sorry. I thought you knew,” he said. “The National Bank of New Troy was robbed the night before Superman left to deal with Nightfall Major. Your safety deposit box was one of the ones hit.”
I guess Luthor wanted to avoid it being too obvious who his target was.

“Why?... Why didn’t anyone tell me?”
Actually, why didn't they play this tape back to him sooner?

“I’m sorry. Somehow in the confusion of you not having any memories, and then having them again, toss in Nightfall Minor, I thought Ms. Lane had told you, and she must have thought I had done the same. I am terribly sorry,” Henderson said, flipping open a notepad.
Clark:Well, you are the one who drove Lois mad by keeping her away from me all day. You should have debriefed me better, don't go blaming Lois for this problem, you had hours to tell me before she ever showed up.

except some old newspaper clippings
grumble Why doesn't Henderson tell him Henderson tell him Lois dropped the watch in the water on Christmas?

I still hope he sees Lois on his way out. We are seeing a lot of Henderson. So much so this is beginning to remind me of the old "adventures of Superman" TV show. Although I guess we have not let Henderson displace Lois.

Clark:What are you talking about, I only got to talk with Henderson this part, not Lois at all, I feel like he has displaced her. grumble

John Pack Lambert