Lois spent the entire cab ride to her apartment informing Clark about Linda King’s true character,
/paraphrases/ Linda is a no-nonsense reporter who will stop at nothing to get the story printed first. She has drive, unbridled sexual energy and knows how to network.
CLARK: So, she’s like a more sociable version of Lois?

Mostly she did this to stop him from asking more questions about the infernal watch.
The one that’s not for sale in retail stores? The one Lex had custom made for his future fiancée so she can count the hours until she’s sharing his bed?

When Lex Luthor gave a woman a piece of jewelry, he was stamping his name all over her...
LEX: We’re doing the tattoo on the honeymoon and the branding for the first anniversary.
ARI: And two years later you get the divorce and a building with your name on it. razz

Clark would have freaked out if Lex had given her a tissue to blow her nose.
CLARK: Duh! Cooties!

Mazik estimated its value at not more than five-hundred dollars for this simple design.
/googles/ Wow, custom made watches really do retail between 300 and 1600 bucks.

She had no idea where Clark found that name, but figured it was one of those mistakes with names that must happen when one moves to a new planet.
Right. The spacefaring alien would confuse a Rolex chron-keeper able to tell the spacetime (sic) from here to Kessel up to a precision of 12 parsecs (sic) with the cheap knock-off hawked off the back of a truck by the local mob-boss. No wonder Linda gets all the scoops.
CLAUDE: You referring to se blonde pute who seduced moi and stole mon story?

Eugene took his broken heart to sulk in kitchen and left Lois and Clark alone in the living room to say goodnight.
He going to go after her chocolate icecream?

“I do, but it’s not urgent. Anyway, this isn’t the best time or place.
So, they’re putting the conversation off until after the wedding in May? (L&L’s that is)

Partners need to be equals, not a valiant knight and his damsel in distress.”
But Clark looks so adorable in a dress.

Anyway, she hadn’t forgiven him for his ‘selling herself for a watch’ comment.
Good for her. As if she would sell for 500$. That gets you just 15 minutes in the honeymoon suite’s bed with her. And the bra stays on.

“Oh, um… a technician stopped by to fix the cable shortly around ten this morning.”
Oooh! The one to her CCTV equipment?

She could just picture the nightmare conversation she would have with her mother, if Ellen called only to have Eugene pick up the line.
LOIS: *No,* Mother, I did not fail to invite you to my engagement party with the convicted killer. And I’m not planning to, either. Have an engagement. Not not-invite you. … *know* that there’s only so many men out there. … No, I *do* not think time is running out. … If Lucy wants to be first to give you a granddaughter that’s fine by me. … No, I’m not sleeping with the local mob-boss, either.

That smart kid, Aymee Valdez, had pirated her all the top channels, and they were still working as of this morning when Lois had checked LNN on the latest updates regarding Eugene’s escape.
How’s she going to smuggle that one past Superman once he moves in with her?
SUPERMAN: Ooooh, is that the Women’s Mudwrestling Channel?

Would it only be able to tell she was in her apartment building, or would he be able to discern that she had left her apartment and gone to another one?
Well, depends on the equipment. Google maps now has indoor maps, too, for museums and stuff.

“Better after than before. Linda is less likely to steal a man’s plastic baggie,” Lois suggested.
thumbsup

“Uh-huh,” Henderson replied, clearly not believing her. “It’s really a non-entity, Lane. Half the victims were found with their wallets, the other half without.”
So, Lex had a random person on the street kidnapped and killed and thrown into the river with his wallet on them for everyone he had disposed of?

“If I’m busy doing research, I’ll be too busy to retrieve the Chief’s dry-cleaning, and it’s Wednesday… dry-cleaning day,” Rita replied.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.