Lois spent the entire cab ride to her apartment informing Clark about Linda King’s true character,
Well, at least they are talking. I still wish they were touching.

Why couldn’t Lex have given her some generic watch?
That would be below his level of dealing with anyone.

She wouldn’t have noticed the difference, and he still could have put a tracker in it.
He was trying to mark her on multiple levels.

Oh, no. When Lex Luthor gave a woman a piece of jewelry, he was stamping his name all over her...
See this is why it is driving Clark so crazy.

as if it were from a Luthor line of luxury watches, which it wasn’t… officially.
Clark:It looks like a luxury item to me. It is more than I could afford to give Lois, especially these days, after being robbed so many times.

Okay, true, Lex could have given her a TimeLex instead of a LoLex, and Clark probably wouldn’t have freaked out.
Somehow I do not see that really changing Clark's reaction much.

Who was she kidding? Clark would have freaked out if Lex had given her a tissue to blow her nose.
Only a slight exageration.

According to Mr. Mazik, the owner,
So is this Jason's father or brother?

the LoLex brand of watches didn’t exist,
Interesting development.

Mazik estimated its value at not more than five-hundred dollars for this simple design.
Still, quite expensive.

He hadn’t. She had no idea where Clark found that name, but figured it was one of those mistakes with names that must happen when one moves to a new planet.
Interesting development.

Luckily, her dissection of Linda King’s true character kept the topic of the watch away from the table for the entire cab ride to her apartment.
This story is really focusing a lot on watches.

left Lois and Clark alone in the living room to say goodnight.
smile1 they are alone together again.

“No,” he said, shaking his head. “No, I’m sorry. I meant do you still want to talk to him about whatever it was you needed to speak to him privately about?”
I figured that was what he meant even before he brought it up.

“No, I’ll stop by and pick you up here at eight-thirty,” Clark suggested with one last glance around her apartment.
smile1 more time together. Although with the watch between them and him no longer wanting to tell her the Secret, I am torn by it.

Lois pushed him tenderly out into the hallway before he tried to kiss her in front of Eugene.
frown at no kissing.

Anyway, she hadn’t forgiven him for his ‘selling herself for a watch’ comment.
whinging that they had a falling out.

John Pack Lambert