Darth Michael: Slowly, but surely catching up. If I do one of these a night... I'll catch up when you do. laugh Thanks for sticking with me.
“I’m just asking, Professor, why the data would have changed,” Lois repeated,
ER: Because the balance on his checking account also changed. Duh! Or, in Jimbo speak, because the number of digits on his wife’s right hand changed but then her life points didn’t.
Ralph: Maybe the number of boobies in his bed changed?
Wrong. Nope. Uh-uh. laugh

“You told Superman that the initial calculations indicated that there was only a thirty-five percent chance of Nightfall hitting Earth.
ER: To be fair, with a 1-in-3 chance of hitting, people would have sent out Superman none-the-less: Torino scale
But 1/3 chance of it hitting is still better than a 9/10 chance of it hitting.

“Was there anything else about Nightfall Major or its path, which was different from other asteroids?” she asked.
ER: Well…Superman ended up in its path. Or, maybe the Kryptonian palace flew past?
ZARA: No comment.

She nodded. “At what point did you realize that your initial data was incorrect?”

“It wasn’t wrong!” Professor Daitch insisted.

ER: It wasn’t?
Nope. laugh

Surely, you wouldn’t have sent Superman into space to collide with Nightfall without double-checking, triple-checking, the data to make sure that Nightfall Major had indeed changed course.”
DAITCH: Well, we had a pool going with SAC on how much damage Superman could do to an extra-terrestrial object compared to a nuclear warhead.
ZEITLIN: I lost that one, big time. <<hands Daitch a dollar>> Of course, Superman colliding with the asteroid made it more likely to hit, so.... <<takes dollar back>>

“Dr…. er… Dr. Martin Solsvig at LexLabs…”
ER: LexLabs?
Yes, before he went to work with the guy who like to pretend he was an alien and kidnap people and brainwash them to jump out of helicopters. (Fences! Bob Fences. I totally blanked on his name for a minute.)

“You know, ‘need to know’.”
ER: And The Boss didn’t need to know?
LEX: Mrs. Cox, would you please talk to the president (casing sic) about this troubling matter?
Well, the thing is he didn't need to have EPRAD tell him, because he already knew, per his conversation with Lois down in the Ark, when he told her that the initial asteroid wouldn't have hit.

She didn’t look like a Superman groupie; she seemed awkward, nervous, and unsure if she should be there.
ER: The housekeeper!
Nope, just trying to throw the reader a curve ball, and give Clark something to do while Lois investigates Luthor.

she looked as if this was her last hope.
ER: To bad he’s not Obi Wan.
CLARK: I am *so* Luke!
LOIS: Wasn't Luke celibate?
CLARK: <<considering this fact>> Carlos is so Luke!
LOIS: Who's Carlos?
CLARK: Never mind. I'm so... Han!
LOIS: He didn't have the force, but Leia did, so I'll accept that answer if in this scenario force = intelligence, which of course, makes me Leia, the one in the relationship with the force.
CLARK: I walked into that one, didn't I?
JIMBO: Totally, CK, totally.

“Clark stepped out of the office for a few minutes. I’m…” Cat said, holding out a hand to introduce herself.

“Lois Lane?” the woman guessed with enthusiasm, grabbing Cat’s hand and shaking it. “I should’ve known by your classy outfit that you were her

ER: Wasn’t there a challenge about just such a scenario a couple months back?
Yes, around the time I was writing this section of the arc. [Linked Image]

So, Cat catnapped Lois and is now impersonating her?
CAT: No comment.
LOIS: Like she could ever kidnap me. Ha!
CAT: Oh, Lois, Clark asked if you could stop by my apartment while I out of town this weekend to meet with him.
LOIS: I'm so there! Damn. Okay, so, yes, it could happen.

“This is my partner Clark Kent. Clark, this is Claire Dawson. Mrs. Dawson’s sister has gone missing.”
ER: [confused that EW has given Clark something interesting to investigate while Lois is off with Lex.]
CLARK: I don't think this missing person's case is a fair trade-off for Lois dating other men while pretending not to date me.
LOIS: Not "men". One man. And we're not dating.
LEX: We're not? So, just sex then?
LOIS: No! Ewwww. No!
LEX: Why do I want you over for dinner then?
LOIS: :rolleyes:

“My sister is an OB/Gyn. She graduated top of her class from New York University’s School of Medicine, and has a thriving practice…” Mrs. Dawson’s voice faltered and she wasn’t able to go on.
ER: She’s now taken up a second career as concubine!
Um.... not quite.

“It would. The last time I spoke to Bren, she told me not to worry, that she would make it through whatever happened just fine,
LOIS: I don’t think ‘fine’ is the correct word. But then, maybe she likes male attention from old geezers.
LEX: Old? Geezer? NIGEL! Find out why Church Sr. is stalking my future fiancée!
laugh

She couldn’t have vanished off the face of the Earth without a trace.”
/Lex signs a bonus check for Nigel/
Nigel cashes check same day and transfers funds to offshore account, under the name Legin Nhojts.

She shook her head. “And who’s to say that this isn’t the real me? Only in really hot, scratchy clothes?” she replied, opening the top buttons of her suit jacket. “How can people breathe in all these layers?”
LOIS: By not getting all hot and bothered as soon as there’s testosterone in the room.
/Superman enters/
LOIS: Is it hot in here. /pops open most of the buttons of her blouse and hikes up skirt into a large belt/
CAT: See, not as easy as it looks, is it?

“Can I help it if I want this to be a better place than when I found it?”
ER: So, he intends to keep Lois alive, then, huh?
CLARK: Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

PERRY: So long as I get the headline…
LOIS: He replaced me with Cat, *really*? *REAAAALLLLLY?*
LEX: Looky there, he’s that attractive new investigative reporter who managed to *not* be enamored with Superman?
LOIS: I wouldn't say that, Lex. I hear they sleep together all the time. wink

/whispers/ unusual
blush So, he shouldn't look for the usual stuff? LOL. Thanks. Fixed.

“Yes, ‘hinky’. It’s a word, just as ‘chumpy’ is. It means funky, un-kosher, wrong, strange,” Lois said, defending her choice of words.
ER: What? ‘hinky’ is a perfectly acceptable adjective.
I agree, but it's still considered "slang".
LOIS: Right. Like "Chumpy".
CLARK: No, *not* like chumpy. Nobody says "chumpy".
JIMBO: <<raises hand>> I've been feeling a bit chumpy lately.

So, Jimmy flunked out and is now working at an exterminator’s apprentice?
*SCNR*
LUCY: Yeah, I once caught a worm and it sent all my ‘artsy’ pictures into the –net. I’m just glad Mother’s not hooked up or it would have been a de-sa-ster.
So, you're saying "computer worms" is the wrong term? blush

JIMBO: I tried to get a job with Snoil Extermination but was told I had too much intelligence.

Better not. It’s much more of a surprise when Cat and Clark get nominated for next year’s Kerth award and then Pulitzer for their story on how they brought down the Tower of Luthor (on top of the imprisoned scientists’ habitat).
CAT: I so agree.
CLARK: Really, Lois, it was just a missing person's case, I swear!
LOIS: So, is this what you call an invite as your date?
CLARK: Um... no. I promised Jimmy I'd take him this year.

“Stop stealing my pencils, Kent.”
ER: Huh. Okay, I’m seeing a theme, but is he really doing it or is Lex having Ralph collect saliva samples from Lois so he can determine her fertility window.
CLARK: Um... I plead the fifth. laugh
LEX: I don't really care about fertility. I'll just bang her till I get bored.
LOIS: Shoot me. Shoot me now.

“No,” he replied under his breath. If stealing her pencils might mean a chance meeting in the supply closet, he would steal them happily away from her until they were both old and grey.
ER: Awwww, foreplay. And as an additional bonus, it gets Lois all worked up and mad.
CLARK: Just my way of making sure the curse never gets activated.

So, his family in the business since the times of Capone and his gang?
JONES: <<hesitantly>> Possibly.

LEX: Duh! I have mine usually processed by the sewage plant and turned into chowder.
NIGEL: We've been sticking them into buildings that have caught fire five minutes later recently. Harder to identify, you know.

[Linked Image]
Yep, that's my story all right. Only not so color coded.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.