“It would. The last time I spoke to Bren, she told me not to worry, that she would make it through whatever happened just fine, and that I should concentrate on taking care of my own family,” Mrs. Dawson said. “I asked her ‘how? How would she make it through on her own?’ and she told me that she ‘had a way’.
Yep, she went to Luthor.

“Finding you a top notch story, I would say. Did you hear what she said? MPD has been inundated with missing person reports since last week. This could be huge!” Cat exclaimed, her eyes alight with enthusiasm.
Good point, they probably have all 200 related to Luthor, but so many more that it is bound to be a total mess.

Clark set his hand on her arm and led her back to the table, shaking his head at the resemblance to his true partner. “Cat, what’s going on with you? This isn’t like you. These clothes, this story, impersonating Lois.”
Well, the first led to the others.

“Right. Sorry. I should’ve known that,” she said wryly.
Especially since Lois explicitly told her that it was just pretend.

Have you told her about all of you, then?”
Now she is being totally unfair.

He cleared his throat. “It’s a process.”
He tipped her off so she does know, he just does not know she knows.

“I can’t believe someone would use Nightfall as an excuse to go on a killing spree,” he went on, ignoring her comment.
Well there are psychos who enjoy killing, what better time then when things are about to collapse?

“Lois! Yeah, sure. Does this have something to do with Mr. Laderman’s trial?” Jimmy’s cousin Jimbo said, suddenly awake.
smile1 Jimbo is back.

“Yes, ‘hinky’. It’s a word, just as ‘chumpy’ is. It means funky, un-kosher, wrong, strange,” Lois said, defending her choice of words.
clap Lois the wordsmith.

Clark glanced up as Lois came down the steps and approached her desk.
dance They are together, at least in the same place.

He hadn’t seen her alone in days,
frown

since their last rendezvous in the supply closet,
That was fun.

and his conversation with Cat was weighing heavily on him.
The part about not telling Lois the Truth?

he wondered if it was because she missed him as much as he missed her.
I'm glad he thinks that is likely.

He felt as if he should mention that Cat had impersonated her earlier.
Sounds like a good plan to me.

Clark picked up his telephone and hid his grin behind his hand as he dialed. That’s right, Minha, I still want to kiss you even when you’re mad.
I really like the Lois and Clark interactions.

Clark grabbed his notebook and one of the pencils from his ‘stole from Lois’s desk’ cup. “Who?”

Henderson chuckled. “You.”
Clark really does not count as a body.

“Thanks, Henderson. I’d appreciate it,” Clark said. He doubted his disappearance and Dr. Muldoon’s had any thing in common,
He underestimated the power of Lex Luthor.

and Henderson had just confirmed it.
Now just that they did not happen in the same way.

There was silence on the line, and Clark would’ve wondered if Henderson had hung up, except Clark could hear his heart beat increase.
What, that is the end? Lois is heading to the supply closet maybe, but we don't know, and you don't give us Henderson's reply. One things for sure, this story covers lots of time between episodes. We have gone several installments that pre-date most of "Illusions of Grandeur".

John Pack Lambert