John: Thanks for reading.
I am very glad to see Daitch being called out on this. They never explained Nightfall well in canon. Well, actually it is easy to explain, since it especially in Season one they had very low continuity, but still.
Well, since I brought it up, I figured I should knot that thread at some point. laugh

Considering how little time she has for other things while covering the trial this has to be very annoying.
I'm almost surprised canon Lois would agree to cover a trial months in duration (as it was explained in canon), which is why I explained it as favor for a friend.

Now what I want to know is the Times or the Daily Planet a more respected newspaper.

Perry:The Daily Planet, of course.

Lois:The Daily Planet. We had the first interview with Superman, we broke his return, we obviously are better.
Debatable. Those in NY say it's the Times. Those in DC say it's the Post, and those in Metropolis say it's the Planet.

CARPENTER: I wouldn't go that far. I know of a far better paper which scoops those other papers before the events occur!

This even explains the intial use of one name without keeping us stuck with that mess.
The keeping of the same name never made sense to me. This would imply that the first Nightfall and the second were the equivalent in the eyes of EPRAD scientists.

Sounds like she is trying to district Lois from her actual quest.
DAITCH: Who? What? Me? Distract an investigative reporter from investigating me? Never! Hey, what's that over there? <<runs off>>

That would solve some problems, but make bigger ones. Since Clark called her before vanishing, he clearly was not given amnesia by the astroid itself.
It was a straw and she was grasping at it.

thereby proving without a doubt that Lex did not have Kryptonite and was trying to kill Superman.
I half wonder if it should be "was not trying".
That's a good question. I figured that the not from the first clause also covered the second, but perhaps you're right and it doesn't.

On a broader note, that would not prove that Luthor did not have Kryptonite, it would just make it possible that Clark was not exposed to Kryptonite by Luthor.
True.

Well, technically he is not directly responsible for Clark's blackout. Although I guess if the goons had not kidnapped Clark, or Lex had not ordered him dumped and had had him brought to the manor, Clark probably would not have been exposed to the watch.
Lex wanted Superman to be exposed to the watch to begin with so the blame still falls back to him.

But lack of kryptonite would not even prove that.
Also, true.

Daitch:Why not, it took him less energy to go into space than it took us to recheck the data.
Daitch admitted to the new data being checked 3 times by him and twice by his assistant.

Lois:Aha, you rushed the second response.
DAITCH: So, I should have just waited to see if it would hit? There were only 4 days. Time was of the essence.

She is working to protect Superman. OK, I guess she has alwasy done that, but there was a very tiny possibility she might strike out at him. OK, not really.
No matter how much she's angered at Clark, does not mean she would want to turn Superman into a villain.

LEX: sad And she had so much potential.

Thus if it works the story will point a finger at Luthor as being to blame.
Because he's sooooo lousy at covering his tracks.

And who is this "college", and how much was he paid by Luthor?
cool

I love this paragraph. I really love how Cat is in a situation where it is really hard to respond.
Thanks. I figured she should see how others see her in this new gettup.

<<clapping>> that has to be the strangest note ever.
Thanks.

Clark:For once I am glad we are keeping me and Lois dating secret. Otherwise I would have to kiss Cat.

Lois:Don't even think about it buster.
I doubt it would be professional to kiss his partner, even if she was his romantic partner as well, in front of source.

You know they really should have done the "Cat confused for Lois" line in this episode.
I'm glad you like it.

This is getting even more intriguing. Now my question is, did this happen in canon, and we just did not learn about it, or is something new occuring because of changed factors?
Depends on whether you think it's possible how I string things together could also explain what happened in canon.

Who said anything about a child, it is Mrs. Dawson's sister that is missing. Although it might have been a much younger sister.
She could be half-sister from Daddy's second marriage.

I am not sure why he expected her to.
Because that's the only kidnappings he's been working on recently, so he had it on his mind.

She might make more progress if she had contacted Lois. Although I guess Lois does not know that Luthor kept his prisoners.
CAT: She contacted Lois! <<spreads arms>> Hello?

I wouldn't be. The Boss has lots of people he wants to put away.
Clark meant he wasn't the victim of a serial killer during Nightfall and that whomever abducted him did so because of Superman.

Good point, they probably have all 200 related to Luthor, but so many more that it is bound to be a total mess.
No one said that the ark-ites are all local from Metropolis.

Especially since Lois explicitly told her that it was just pretend.
Last Cat heard Lois dumped Clark.

Have you told her about all of you, then?”
Now she is being totally unfair.
How? He's saying that she's hiding herself from Chow, she's just saying he's doing the same thing.

Well there are psychos who enjoy killing, what better time then when things are about to collapse?
I agree, but that will have to be another story.

Jimbo is back.
Come on! You all knew he'd be back, didn't you? wink

The part about not telling Lois the Truth?
Dat would be the part.

Sounds like a good plan to me.
CLARK: But she likes me, right now. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news. You've heard of killing the messenger, right?

He underestimated the power of Lex Luthor.
Neither man knows for certain that Luthor was involved with Clark's abduction.

What, that is the end? Lois is heading to the supply closet maybe, but we don't know, and you don't give us Henderson's reply. One things for sure, this story covers lots of time between episodes. We have gone several installments that pre-date most of "Illusions of Grandeur".
Yes, sorry about the abrupt cut off here, but I'm really trying to stick to not more than 18 d.s. pages per part and this was the best spot to cut the scene. Being that IoM and IoG were both supposed to take place over "months" of investigation, they will overlap a bit in this story.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.