“Well, neither am I,” Lois said.
She already spent a night worrying about Clark. Here worry if she leaves him with Cat will be even bigger.

“You’re both welcome to stay,”
I still think he should send Cat away.

she couldn’t decide if she wanted to kiss him or punch him.
I hope she choses the former.

Instead, Lois dropped her briefcase next to Clark’s couch
smile1 Lois is staying.

and set her hand on his waist possessively, looking fiercely at Cat. “I’m his partner. I’m here now. You can leave.”
Since Cat is just filling in for Jimmy it would seem to be the polite thing to do to leave. I guess Cat is never very polite.

“I’m Clark’s best friend, and I’m not going anywhere. I want Clark to regain his memories. I’m not looking for a choice cut of meat,” Cat said, setting her hand possessively on Clark’s other shoulder.
Lois:If that is so why were you trying to remove his shirt earlier and telling him to undress. Your actions are not those of a friend, taking him outside when he just recovered from hypothermia.

“Are you hungry, Cat? I’m sorry, I should have asked,”
hyper she has again accepted that Clark loves her.

“Cat,” Lois hissed, as Clark opened the fridge. “I’m here now. He doesn’t need you. Can’t you just please leave?”
Realistically I think at this point there is no gain from Cat staying, other then furthering her dislike and rudeness towards Lois.

“No. Clark and I were doing just fine without you. Why don’t you leave?” Cat whispered back. “He doesn’t need you.”

“Yes, I do,” Clark said, not turning around. “I’ll always need Lois.”
See Clark knows the truth. I think he should have sent Cat away for that comment alone.

“I need Cat too,” Clark replied before Cat could.
I don't think he does.

Lois turned on her heel towards the door. “Fine! If you’d rather be with her…”
hyper more touching.

He tilted towards Lois and gave her a hesitant, almost unsure, kiss. Lois deepened it, so he would know that he could be sure of her feelings. His arms wrapped around her tightly, and then loosened, but didn’t fall away.
party They are being friendly with Cat gone.

Lois smiled. “There’s more where that came from, Clark, but I feel uncomfortable being myself… ourselves, while Cat is here. Nobody from work knows about us yet. Why don’t you send her away, so we can finally be alone?”
I think this sounds like a good plan.

He shook his head. “I can’t do that. I need her too.”

Her face fell. “What?”
Hmm, that definately sounded bad.

“No! Not like I need you,” he quickly reassured her, giving her another kiss. “Nothing like that. I’m not interested in her in the same way I am with you.
Lois:So what, you want a short term fling with her as opposed to the permanent relationship with me?

In the same token, I need her in a different way than I need you. She’s really determined to help me find my memories.”
And she does not care at all how much emotional trauma it causes him to force ahead.

Clark smiled genuinely at her and ran his fingers down her face. “I’m glad to hear that. I’m just afraid, if it was just us two, we might get distracted from that goal.”
Lois:But distrations are so much fun.

Lois kissed him again, pressing her whole body against his. “And that would be a bad thing?” she murmured huskily.
party I am liking this part.

John Pack Lambert