Superman would tell Lois that he was Clark. It was simple. It was concise. He had better do it soon, or they would arrive in Smallville with the words still stuck in his throat.
smile1 smile1 He is going to tell her.

He opened his mouth to speak, to say that horrible phrase he had come up with, when Lois gave this little contented sigh and rested her head against his shoulder as if there was no place she would rather be.

How could he let Superman break her heart again?
It will be easier than anyone else doing it. Anyway, maybe she will recover quickly. She does believe Superman can survive the leap.

It wasn’t true, he knew. It was just another lie, a daydream, but after the experience of the prior few days, he needed the pick-me-up of such a dream. How could he expect Lois to love him, love all of him, if he hadn’t told her everything?
Now he knows, and knowing is half the battle.

“Would you like to come in for some pie?” Martha asked. “There’s one piece left.”

Superman swallowed in anticipation of his stomach churning, but it didn’t happen. Strangely enough, his mouth actually watered at the thought of Martha’s pie, something it hadn’t done in twenty years. “We best be heading back to Metropolis,” he replied. “Thank you, though.”
Hmm, too bad this is not obvious enough for Lois to realize Superman does not eat sweets.

Any more of this and Clark would break down and confess his secret right here and now.
I think this would be a perfect time to tell her.

He wanted to tell her out of love.
I don't think that will happen, seeing how much she distrusts liars.

“You first,” Clark insisted.
smile1 She does like me.

“We didn’t sleep together, if that’s what you’re thinking,” Lois continued in his silence,
SM: I would not mind if you had.

Only now… now, she seemed to be professing a bit too much on how she and Clark hadn’t slept together.
whinging Clark did not reaveal the truth. I was really hoping he would, although I sort of doubted he would. I suspected that the EW had plots to do more with the Italy angle.

Oh no, Oh no, Oh no. shock There is a character in this story who likes to take trips to Italy. I really, really hope Lois does not go there with him. Noooo.

John Pack Lambert