Lois didn’t let him out of her sight.
So, she afraid he’ll call somebody?

“Time is of the essence, Chuck,” she reminded him.
Right. She doesn’t have the time to wait for him to show up again after he vanishes for unexplained reasons.

but instead, she actually brought him into her bedroom under the guise of getting her suitcase out of the closet.
clap And quick pre-travel nookie on the bed?

“We’re partners and dating now, aren’t we?”
Yes, but not dating with benefits. Or partners with benefits.

Anyway, that’s my emergency assignment suitcase; it’s all packed with all the essentials and ready to go.”
clap

Either way, he was toast.
I thought he was fire-proof? Oh, he didn’t say *burned* toast. She can still slap cheese and ham on him and grill him.

Lois remained by his side at the airport as well, not letting him go away further than the restroom.
I’m guessing the distinctive scent of public relief stations dissuaded her from following him.

and what he would say if he called?
CLARK: Hello, Martha? This is the extra-dimensional visitor you’ve been giving shelter lately.

“Maybe we should contact Superman and have him check out this hostage thing before we go all the way out to Kansas,” Clark had suggested as they waited for their plane.
Of course, that just might to lead to Superman dropping out of the sky like a plane after it got hit with an EMP.

Lois raised a brow. “Well, I’ve been thinking about that. Federal agents, or men acting as federal agents, doing things that they shouldn’t. Sound familiar?”
Hmm… [Linked Image]

She shook her head. “I refuse to take that chance with Superman. We’ll check it out first, and you can call him if it’s something we can’t handle.
Isn’t that even more dangerous for Superman?

Not everything is a ‘job for Superman’, you know.” Then she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively and leaned in to kiss him
Ooooh! Nauhgty!

and leaned in to kiss him, stopping short. “Oh, sorry, I just took a bite of my candy bar, and I taste like chocolate,” she said, covering her mouth for a second before taking another bite of her Double Fudge Crunch bar.
Oooooh! Evil. She’s really set out to make him suffer and then suffer some more, huh? Sounds like she’s much more in control of her urges since she got Lucy’s birthday present.

Visiting Smallville had become sort of a rest pit from dealing with Lois’s recent inquisitiveness into his past and, not to mention, her mood swings.
Maybe if she kept spare batteries at home?

It didn’t help that they were flying in a tin can.
Hey, they’re perfectly safe. As long as they don’t crash into something. Or run out of fuel. Have an equipment malfunction. Bomb. Fly through a time portal.

He hated flying in planes, though he had, on occasion, with Lana.
Hmm…I think I know why he’s so averse to flying in planes.

Flying without planes, though, had been a taboo subject and rarely discussed unless Lana had caught him, like she had the day they met that Lois from the other dimension.
clap

Lois pressed her lips together in annoyance, switching off the engine and lights before facing Clark. “So, what happens at a ‘corn festival’?”
CLARK: Well…in the early days it got started with the town’s maidens running around, trying to evade being captured by one of the corn farmers’ sons and being given a corn cob. These days, it’s much more civilized and the sons actually have to ask a maiden if she’s a) a maiden still, and b) if she’s interested in the corn cob he’s carrying.

LOIS: Lovely.

CLARK: So, you still a maiden? [Linked Image]

LOIS: [Linked Image]

He laughed. “It always takes people from the city a while to decompress, but fortunately for you, you’ve brought along a native son. I’ll be able to translate.”
clap

“Home stay. A family from town has offered to house us as their guests
evil

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.