Lois didn’t let him out of her sight. They went to Clark’s apartment to grab his clothes. Clark offered to have her drop him off and meet up with her at her apartment later. No such luck.
Trying to prevent him from running out on you, eh?

Either she had planned in advance a romantic getaway to Kansas, which he highly doubted, or her story about the captive farmer was on the up-and-up and they were headed to somewhere near Smallville. After they finished this assignment, she’d probably be interested in doing a drive-by to his old stomping grounds. Either way, he was toast.
I wonder how this would have gone if he had gotten to the note first. Probably would have gone off on his own, no doubt.

“Lois, you’ve seen Bureau 39 behind everything in Metropolis since we met them,” Clark said, trying not to let it show that she had actually made him nervous with her ridiculous paranoid theory. Was Bureau 39 in Kansas? Had they found the Smallville file?
Yes and Yes. You have every right to be nervous this time, Clark.

She shook her head. “I refuse to take that chance with Superman. We’ll check it out first, and you can call him if it’s something we can’t handle. Not everything is a ‘job for Superman’, you know.” Then she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively and leaned in to kiss him, stopping short. “Oh, sorry, I just took a bite of my candy bar, and I taste like chocolate,” she said, covering her mouth for a second before taking another bite of her Double Fudge Crunch bar.
Lois: *shrugs* Chocolate before kisses. Usually this is a no-brainer. Now? No so much.

It seems like this post is not allowing my full FDK so stay tuned for part 2!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)