Lois didn’t let him out of her sight.
What happens if Superman is really needed? Is CK still being light on the Superman apparenaces by the way?

They went to Clark’s apartment to grab his clothes. Clark offered to have her drop him off and meet up with her at her apartment later. No such luck.
He has snuck off too many times.

“Time is of the essence, Chuck,” she reminded him.
Then wouldn't it be faster if they were both getting their stuff at the same time?

He thought he could sneak out while she was packing,
Doesn't he see she is not gong to let him sneak off, ever again.

she actually brought him into her bedroom
Well it is not his first time in there. Although this time won't even be as romantic as last time. frown

He had even volunteered to wait in the living room for her modesty’s sake
After what happened in the supply closet at the Metro Club, I do not think she believes this claim one bit. He is acting too suspicious for her to trust him, even if she had not talked to Martha Kent. He should just be glad Martha does not regularly use her maiden name in introducing herself. If she had introduced herself as Martha Clark Kent, he would be really dead meat.

“We’re partners and dating now, aren’t we?” she teased,
hyper she admits to dating. Things can not be totally horrible. OK, she has not gone to Kansas yet, so maybe they can be.

her innocent expression not at all convincing.
Lois: Well, I don't want him to get out of my sight. That is something no girlfriend wants, right. Especially when they think their boyfriend is hiding something from them.

No secrets, right?
Clark, she knows. Tell her what the J really stands for now.

Eiher she had planned in advance a romantic getaway to Kansas, which he highly doubted,
Kansas can be romantic. How else could people make a 10 season-long almost soap opera starting Clark Kent set there, at least for most of the seasons?

or her story about the captive farmer was on the up-and-up and they were headed to somewhere near Smallville.
Lois: evil

Lois remained by his side at the airport as well,
See, I am a good girlfriend, sticking by my man. evil Also, I am not getting into danger, he who we try not to think of too much in the blue suit would be so proud.

not letting him go away further than the restroom.
Wouldn't this still give him a chance for an extremely quick trip to Kansas? Or do the airport restrooms lack convenient exit methods? Still even if he had to rush back throgh the airport, can't he just travel so fast no one sees him?

He couldn’t even make a phone call,
Clark you really should get a cell phone.

although he wasn’t exactly sure who he would call. It wasn’t like he had the Kents’ phone number,
Lois: Kent you need to learn a lot better snooping skills from me. Always get phone numbers for everyone you know. See, you are not up to Kerth material yet if you know people for however long you have known Martha and don't get their phone number.

and what he would say if he called?
"Hi, this is Jerome. I am coming to visit with my work associate who only knows me by my other name Clark. We have to chekc out some farmer taken prisoner by supposed government agents, but when we come by your place, just plase call me Clark."

No, calling was out. He needed to fly in and make sure they were all right.
Just aske Lois who called her. She can tell you the Kents are OK. Whether she will at this point, who knows.

“Maybe we should contact Superman and have him check out this hostage thing before we go all the way out to Kansas,” Clark had suggested as they waited for their plane.
And let him difuse the situation and give the Topeka Journal the scoop? No way, Mr. Kent. If we want to get a really good story here, we need to be ready before Superman shows up.

Lois raised a brow. “Well, I’ve been thinking about that. Federal agents, or men acting as federal agents, doing things that they shouldn’t. Sound familiar?”
She is thinking deeply on the situation.

“Lois, you’ve seen Bureau 39 behind everything in Metropolis since we met them,”
Why not? Crazed, rouge government agents show up, throw her out of a plane, clean out a warehouse full of intriging material, and then vanish. They killed Mr. Thompson too if I remember correctly. So they feel above the law, murder, and have no respect for her, but want to prevent sexual relations with Superman. Clark sees Lex everywhere, Lois sees Bureau 39, eventually one or the other might be right. Maybe they both could be, Bureau 39 and Lex could join forces. She might be wrong sometimes, but so is Clark in suspecting Lex, so it all works. Well, actually, has Clark been wrong with any of his suspicions of Lex to date? Well, I guess he was wrong in suspecting Lex might kill Lois. Although he did shot her.

trying not to let it show that she had actually made him nervous with her ridiculous paranoid theory. Was Bureau 39 in Kansas? Had they found the Smallville file?
He doesn't know where Kryptonite first landed, does he?

Not everything is a ‘job for Superman’, you know.” Then she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively and leaned in to kiss him, stopping short. “Oh, sorry, I just took a bite of my candy bar, and I taste like chocolate,” she said, covering her mouth for a second before taking another bite of her Double Fudge Crunch bar.
Wow, Lois is being extremely cruel. I thought we were going to get this evil I am giving him plenty of alone time. Alone with me. That is the type of alone time boyfriends want, right.

Clark: It doesn't count if you eat double-fudge chocolate.

Lois: Hey, you can still kiss me.

Clark: Hm, and then I would have a really reason to be away for a little bit.

He had just visited the farm last week or, technically, Jerome had.
Well, at least people will recognize him.

eating yet another candy bar.
Hey, I want a realy wedding cake. If I do this enough around Clark he will associate chocolate with me, and not his parents death, so we can have a real wedding cake evil

For those slow on Lois speak real wedding cake=chocolate.

Lois at the beach, lying in a skimpy bikini on the sand, splashing in the waves, all wet, wearing flowers in her hair, kissing him at sunset as the water lapped at their feet, making love in a cabin on the beach with a gentle breeze moving the gauzy curtains of their room.
Well, her teasing has not had any negative impacts on how Clark feels about her.

She frowned and shut the magazine. “I don’t think so, Clark. That was another dream, for another time,” she said, letting go of his hand to return the magazine to the seat pocket in front of her. “It wouldn’t be the same.”

Lois had told Superman that she wanted to go to Tahiti, and Superman had said he would take her there someday. The sigh had probably been for the trip she’d now never take there with Superman.
On the first reading I thought Clark was being a bit obtuse. However, on re-reading while I still see why Lois might not want to go to Tahiti, I think she needs to see that her holding onto Superman like this is really hurting Clark. Of course, she does not realize he knows how much she wanted to go to Tahiti. Nor does she realize that he became emotionally invested in taking her there months ago.

Lois only loving Superman was almost as bad as Lana only having loved Clark Kent.
Clark that is not fair. Superman is not the one who kissed Lois yesterday. Do I have my timing right? Nor was Superman the one who she let feel her up, or who she ate pasta with in a very suggestive manner.

A part of his mind tried to remind him that it had been him, Clark Kent, that she had been kissing, teasing, and cuddling with on Sunday, but this dark side of him smothered that hope with the thought that he doubted she ever sighed about him in that manner.
If you only know Clark, if you only knew.

“I’m from Kansas,” Clark replied weakly.
Lois: However, I am the one who actually knows where we are going.

She still hadn’t informed him of her coup de grace – the Kents.
I still think Lois has far too low an estimation of how many people live in Kansas.

She couldn’t wait until she saw his face when they knocked on that front door.
He will have miles and miles to prepare, so there won't be much shock.

Liars, that was who!
But Lois, he has told you exactly why he does not have a credit card. You just thought he was joking about that, when it was the truth.

“The financially responsible,” Clark responded, taking the keys from her.
He does have a very good point.

He chuckled. “Have both ever been accomplished by any of your passengers?”
Bad Clark. Don;t insult Lois' driving.

Lois shot him a scowl. “You could always walk.”

“I choose sit back and relax,” Clark said,
I was expecting him to try to take the walk option. It would give him the chance to get away from Lois for a bit.

“Convenient,” Lois grumbled. She wondered if Clark had blackmail on Perry, which would explain why their boss wasn’t interested in her sub-investigation on who her partner really was.
Lois, has Clark ever blackmailed anyone. Come on, don't be so ridiculous. This is not Lex we are dealing with.

He laughed. “Well, all except for the last one.
They really need to start including candy corn in the festival.

“Art, music, theatre,” Lois answered smugly. She already missed the noise from the city.

“Crime, drugs, poverty,” he retorted as if those things didn’t happen in the country.
Well, there is also lots of art, music and theatre in places like Kansas, so neither claim is fair.

“Yeah. Yeah. If it’s so great out here, why are we still waiting for this train to pass?”
I have waited for plenty of trains to pass in the city limits of Detroit, so it is not like waiting at a train crossing is really only a rural experience.

“Home stay. A family from town has offered to house us as their guests. Apparently Mr. Earwig is a pillar of the community, and people are worried.
This is 100% true if the community in question is the Kent/Irig farm complex.

Could Lois’s off the wall theory about Bureau 39 coming to Smallville actually be accurate?
All of Lois' theories are potentially accurate.

“We’ve met,” he said vaguely. He knew the Wayne Irig of his dimension very well indeed, having lived with the Irigs during his junior year in high school. The Wayne Irig of this dimension, he had only met once, briefly. Thomas had introduced them. Actually, neither Clark Kent nor Superman had met Wayne Irig, Jerome had.
Go as close to the truth as possible.

“I know his son Thomas,” Clark answered honestly. Only, he didn’t. Jerome did.
He is really good at thinking of himself in the 3rd person.

Why hadn’t they just gone to Rachel? As Sheriff of Lawrence County she was the person they should have called, not the press.
he should have made sure details like who the sherrif were were the same. Although I can't really think why it should have matter. Well, yes, he should have figured Lois would become inquisitive about him, but he really did not account for the Lex effect.

Unfortunately, telling her that he was Superman wasn’t in the cards just yet. Clark wanted to tell her the secret, but for her protection he had decided that he should only do so when he was absolutely certain of her heart. Okay, it was also partly for his protection. If she loved Clark, well and truly loved him, she was more likely to forgive him for keeping this secret from her. Until then, not so much.
The problem is she will not bring herself to fully love Clark Kent until she knows the whole truth about him. They have set up a catch-22, where neither can move forward because it is conditioned on the others actions.

And, truthfully, there was another reason he didn’t want to tell her he was Superman. Would knowing that Superman was her partner make her more cocky? Would knowing that Clark was right there to save the day if she screwed up, which, sadly, happened often enough already without her knowing, make her feel like she could take bigger risks? Would Lois chance her life for a story, knowing that her back-up was Superman?
I am not sure Lois could be more reckless. Anyway, this problem won't be solved by Lois unconditionally loving Clark.

“We can get those later, Lois,” Clark suggested, lightly touching her arm.
Why has he given up on trying to procrastinate for time.

“Husband. Jerome. Jerome Lane,” Clark said, wrapping one hand around Lois’s waist and holding out his hand.
At least he did not call himself her borther. That would make things even more acward later on.

“Oh, sorry about that… uh… Lois. She hates it when I interrupt her. Bad habit,” Clark said, giving her an apologetic smile and ‘help me’ expression.
He is thinking on his feet fairly well. I am not sure this is a good plan, but he is holding it up fairly well, so far.

She wondered if he knew these people already knew that Clark Kent was her partner.
Obviously not. If he did, he would have realized the game was up with them.

“Jonathan,” Martha called to her husband, who was waiting just inside the front door. “This is Lois Lane, and her husband Jerome.”
Is she trying to signal to Clark she knows it is weird to say Jerome Lane?

Lois shivered with disgust at the name. “Lois, please. Mrs. Lane is my mother,” she corrected and then with a sharp expression from Clark, she added, “— in-law. Mother-in-law.”
She could have said "when me and Jerome married, he took my last name." Or "funny thing, Lane is also my maiden name. Jerome and I are second cousins, that sort of think is legal here in Kansas, right?" evil

Technically, if she and Clark were to get married, Ellen Lane, Lois’s insane mother, would become his mother-in-law. That in itself was almost punishment enough to play along with this ruse. She grinned at the thought of what her mother would do if they had pretended to be married to her. Lois wouldn’t have to kill him, her mother would do it for her. Clark – Jerome or whatever his name really was – would regret this.
At least Lois is enjoying herself.

“Jerome, I didn’t realize you had a wife,” Jonathan said, turning to Clark. “Congratulations.”

“Oh?” Lois said, turning to Clark. “You know each other?”

He gave her his best sheepish smile. “I am from Smallville, remember?”
At least Jonathan is doing everything he can to build up Jerome's cred. He also wisely didn't add "is that why she gets so many interviews with you"?

“Later, not now,” he begged with a glance back towards the kitchen.
Lois is not paitient. She never accepts knowing later.

Clark caved,
See I said later never works.

and taking her arm led her to the couch, where they sat down. “Remember how you once asked me what the ‘J’ for my middle name stood for?” he whispered.
See, at least he was smart enough to use part of his name in this disguise.

I really think Clark should have come clean with Martha and Jonathan. However, even doing that would not have really satisfied Lois, so maybe this is the best he could do. It could be better, but things could be worse.

John Pack Lambert