On the first reading I thought Clark was being a bit obtuse. However, on re-reading while I still see why Lois might not want to go to Tahiti, I think she needs to see that her holding onto Superman like this is really hurting Clark. Of course, she does not realize he knows how much she wanted to go to Tahiti. Nor does she realize that he became emotionally invested in taking her there months ago.
She doesn't know that CK=SM and therefore knows every conversation that she had with SM about things. A part of her will always mourn what could have been with Superman as when she thinks "Superman" a part of her is confusing him with her *original* Superman (*her* Clark).

Clark that is not fair. Superman is not the one who kissed Lois yesterday. Do I have my timing right? Nor was Superman the one who she let feel her up, or who she ate pasta with in a very suggestive manner.
CLARK: I know that. <pout> It's still annoying.

If you only know Clark, if you only knew.
Yes, if there was only a way to bridge those two people together into one man...

Lois: However, I am the one who actually knows where we are going.
Yep. But he's trying to gain control any way he can.

I still think Lois has far too low an estimation of how many people live in Kansas.
Don't cattle outnumber people 1000 to one in the state? <shrugs> Doesn't really matter to me.

He will have miles and miles to prepare, so there won't be much shock.
Do optimists prepare for the worst case scenario?

But Lois, he has told you exactly why he does not have a credit card. You just thought he was joking about that, when it was the truth.
CLARK: Well, I didn't want her to think I was crazy.

He does have a very good point.
CLARK: I often do. Not that it matters.

Bad Clark. Don;t insult Lois' driving.
CLARK: Just trying to disfuse tension with humor. Clearly, I don't know my audience.

I was expecting him to try to take the walk option. It would give him the chance to get away from Lois for a bit.
He doesn't know where they're going and if he arrives before she does, it would be suspecious.

Lois, has Clark ever blackmailed anyone. Come on, don't be so ridiculous. This is not Lex we are dealing with.
Who know if he would blackmail anyone? She doesn't really know this guy. He could be a master criminal for all she knows.

LOIS: Lex is the third richest man in the world and a philathropist. Why would he need to blackmail anyone? You're as bad as Clark.

CLARK: <aside> See! See! I'm not the only one who can't make her see reason.

They really need to start including candy corn in the festival.
thumbsup

Well, there is also lots of art, music and theatre in places like Kansas, so neither claim is fair.
I always thought that scene in GGGoH was a bit biased in both directions. Neither could see that both the city and the country have all of those things. <Actually, I think that's what they try to show with Martha's artwork, the line dancing, and the dress that Lois buys, that she was wrong about all of these things.>

Actually the High School theatre program in the small town where I currently live is top notch. Much better than the larger city where I grew up. Plus, we've got a symphony here. And arts and crafts is HUGE. It's what people do when they're stuck indoor during the winter. We also have had several drive by shootings and gang violence is up. clap

All of Lois' theories are potentially accurate.
CLARK: I should have learned this by now, shouldn't I?

Go as close to the truth as possible.
Best lies are mostly truth.

He is really good at thinking of himself in the 3rd person.
CLARK: It is one of my skills, yes.

he should have made sure details like who the sherrif were were the same. Although I can't really think why it should have matter. Well, yes, he should have figured Lois would become inquisitive about him, but he really did not account for the Lex effect.
Many people move from the country to the city and never look back. Yes, he didn't think his background was that important. He's learning otherwise.

The problem is she will not bring herself to fully love Clark Kent until she knows the whole truth about him. They have set up a catch-22, where neither can move forward because it is conditioned on the others actions.
A problem solved by communication, a skill these two reporters seem to be lacking.

I am not sure Lois could be more reckless. Anyway, this problem won't be solved by Lois unconditionally loving Clark.
This is brought up in "Ordinary People" and she admits to getting more reckless knowing that her back-up is Superman. Although, your second point is true.

Why has he given up on trying to procrastinate for time.
He's worried they are going to have to make a hasty exit, so best to leave the suitcases in the car.

At least he did not call himself her borther. That would make things even more acward later on.
CLARK: <mouth full of foot> You mean, there was something worse I could have said?

He is thinking on his feet fairly well. I am not sure this is a good plan, but he is holding it up fairly well, so far.
CLARK: Really? I thought I was falling flat on my face, because my feet were in my mouth.

Obviously not. If he did, he would have realized the game was up with them.
Yep.

Is she trying to signal to Clark she knows it is weird to say Jerome Lane?
No. But it's still weird to say.

She could have said "when me and Jerome married, he took my last name." Or "funny thing, Lane is also my maiden name. Jerome and I are second cousins, that sort of think is legal here in Kansas, right?"
I almost went with the "he took my name" line but decided against it. Second cousins? clap So true.

See I said later never works.
CLARK: I tried.

See, at least he was smart enough to use part of his name in this disguise.
I got reemed by readers (and Betas) who wanted to know why Lois didn't call HER Clark "Jerome" in "Missing Lois", so I didn't make that mistake twice. wink

I really think Clark should have come clean with Martha and Jonathan. However, even doing that would not have really satisfied Lois, so maybe this is the best he could do. It could be better, but things could be worse.
[Linked Image] Lois is already upset with Clark. He was just trying not to lose everyone he cares about.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.