The poor Jimmys had been divided up like music CDs in a divorce.
Awwww

he had seen his life pass before his eyes, and he realized he had needed to reprioritize.
No more helping other people. No more base desires. From now on, he was a warrior monk, sent to protect Lois Lane’s body at all costs.

Yes, there was a part of him, a very vocal part of him, that wished he had just succumbed to her seduction.
eek Umm…no… I can’t say that here… clap

Currently, Perry’s son was away at college in Iowa.
That’s code, isn’t it?

A different type of satisfaction, he should say, as spending time, even when she wasn’t the brightest sunshine in his life, with Lois was still preferable to not spending time with her.
/checks of ‘whipped/

Lois stood on the stage with the other women auditioning as dancers at the Metro Cub.
Oooooh!

“It’s my job,” Lois reminded him. “I’ve been on the injured list too long, Chuck. I need to stretch my wings.”
/recommends Clark checks she’s not using wax to keep her feathers in place. Those stage lights can get hot/

“It’s my story,” he retorted, using his weakest excuse, but the most likely one she would accept.
Didn’t you say that whatever Lois points at and says ‘mine’ to, is hers?

I have been reporting on those fires all summer, hence my story,” Clark said, high-fiving his eidetic memory for that point.
evil Naughty Clark!

Johnny’s eyes flicked over to the flesh tone armband Lois had found to cover her bullet wound scars which, unfortunately, were still hideous, pink, and fresh.
Oh dear.

“I doubt it,” Lois replied, shifting so her bosom was emphasized. “One of them is dead, and I don’t see the other one anymore.”
evil

She pressed her lips together. Men! Especially one man in particular.
:p

She reached her hand out of the red curtains of the dressing room and pulled him inside. “What are you doing here?”
Encroaching on her territory.

This was his disguise?! Please. If she could see straight through it…
Uh-huh. Different glasses never fooled anyone. No glasses, OTOH…

“I came to see the show,” was his lame excuse.
Naughty!

“It looks like you’re really close to the story,” he retorted, heavy with sarcasm.
laugh

“I am. For your information, I spent the entire afternoon with the leader of the Metros, in his inner sanctum…” Serving drinks, but still.
What Clark thinks: ‘Lois and the entire Metrogang, going at it like Lana and the football squad’.

“I don’t need back-up.” Just what she needed on an undercover job, her overprotective best friend watching her every move.
Awwwww

She wouldn’t be surprised if Superman swooped in and rescued her from a too-revealing costume.
Yes, he needs to come and pick her up and then remove the too-revealing costume from her.

“I think you do. I mean, how did you get so close to this guy anyway?” he asked, sounding distinctly jealous.
laugh

Lois placed her hands on her hips and glowered at him. How did he think? “He’s a man. I’m a woman. Do you want me to…?”
devil

Her voice faltered. She and Clark had argued about this before. She looked around the dressing room as a chill crept down her spine. Everything seemed familiar as if she was seeing it again through new eyes. Her gaze stopped at Clark, and widened.
Oh dearjà-vu.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.