Just over a month ago, Lois wasn’t talking him,
There needs to be a to in that sentance. I guess you could say "talking with him" as well, but "talking to him" would be the more regular phrase.

I like the desciption of their development of the routine of friendship.

he would rub vitamin E cream on her injured arm. It was a very intimate act, and he often wished he could massage more than her arm.
hyper all over the place. Maybe it is good she has not told him.

Despite, or perhaps because of, the Toasters visit the previous night, the Metro Club was packed with people.
People love danger. In late 19th century San Francisco there was a part of town people would go to half hoping to be Shanghaied. If done right danger draws out the crods.

Lois pressed her lips together. “Charlie? Charlie? No, no, no. You are certainly not a Charlie, Chuck.”
Is she trying to blow his cover. On the other hand if it went as it did in canon, he introducted himself as Charles King, and Toni Taylor decided to designate him as Charlie. So it would not really be a cover blow at all that others use acceptable nicknames for Charles for him.

“Lo…La!” he gasped
Obviously she never brought him up to speed on her alias either.

his eyes swept over the packed room. If this was bad for business…
Maybe tnormally they do not have even enough standing room.

she said, and Clark could almost feel her gaze at it caressed his body
I think that should be "as it caressed"

“I just don’t like anything dangerous to get to close to you.”
I think that should be "too close to you"

Well, this time Clark did the logical thing to do when caught in a supply closet with a beautiful woman. Except, he was not even faking the passionate intimate embrace. Now the question is, will they both get booted, or will Clark turn Benedict Arnold on Lois and destroy his planned tryst? Actually, it is unclear he has a chance to turn Benedict Arnold on her, he has established that he knows who she is, so I thin they will not trust him at all. Of course if he has really been at sea for some time, maybe he can win the argument that he did not know she was a reporter for the daily planet, and maybe claim that Lola is just a nickname for Lois.

John Pack Lambert