In the span of a couple of very long days, she had gone from hating his guts to kissing him to giving him the sexiest experience of his life. Yes, there was a part of him, a very vocal part of him, that wished he had just succumbed to her seduction. Luckily, he hadn’t, because they had gotten to know each other as friends over this past month.
evil
Before he left, she would change into her pajamas, and he would rub vitamin E cream on her injured arm. It was a very intimate act, and he often wished he could massage more than her arm. If Lois had given him half a chance, he was sure he could remove some of that tension from her shoulders.
jawdrop Well Clark..

I keep forgetting this Clark is slightly more experienced in that front than the last one, isn't he?
“No! Absolutely not,” Clark protested after Lois dropped the bombshell of her new undercover assignment at the Metro Club. “It’s too dangerous.”

“It’s my job,” Lois reminded him. “I’ve been on the injured list too long, Chuck. I need to stretch my wings.”

“It’s my story,” he retorted, using his weakest excuse, but the most likely one she would accept. He found with Lois that her reasoning usually faltered under debate while his agreements got stronger, more paranoid perhaps and over-protective definitely, but stronger in his opinion.

“How is the Metro Club, or the Metro Gang for that matter, your story?” Lois parried back with an equally tough blow to his first defense.

“Correct me if I get this wrong, since I’m quoting, ‘Metro Gang controls the West River. West River is on fire and only West River, so I’m going undercover to find out why.’ I have been reporting on those fires all summer, hence my story,” Clark said, high-fiving his eidetic memory for that point.
Wait... This was Clark's story?? Lois are you trying to steel his story?

With that one look, Clark knew that the rest of his arguments would fall on deaf ears. She had been a bear to work with during her recovery, her dark moods blacker than before. She was pushing her rehabilitation to the limit, trying to build back her missing muscle mass. The rest of her was leaner and stronger than before, since she started hitting the gym every day after work. He followed her once and guessed she ran at least five miles on the treadmill; the last mile in a dead sprint.
Oh Lois, you're feeling vulnerable and want to get back up to speed. Don't you know that working those things too hard too fast will set you back if you're not careful?

“The problem is Clark here would rather lose the scoop on the West River fires than have me take a few little chances,” she clarified, and then walked away before Perry could ask what the ‘little’ chances were. Typical.

“Lois!” her boss followed after her, and so did Clark.

“If I’m an investigative journalist, I have to be able to investigate,” she told Perry. “Right?”

“A scoop, huh?” Perry asked, but they both could see he was already nibbling at her bait. He seemed torn between her safety and getting the story.

“A sure thing,” Lois insisted.
You may be grasping at straws but if you follow those "psychic leaps" you might get yourself in a better position to get the story.

She pointed at him. “You’re just angry because you didn’t think of it first. You’ve been working on this story for months now, haven’t you? And still no leads. Maybe, just maybe, you didn’t use your head. Besides, I’m first and foremost a professional. I would never do anything to compromise my personal safety or the integrity of my work.”

Jimmy walked up behind her with a suit bag in his hand. “Lois, this just came for you. The dry-cleaner said he had a terrible time with the… uh…” He unpacked the ‘outfit’ – a yellow leotard with bright yellow feathers around the neck and wrists, as well as a feather tail. “— the feathers.”
*snickers then runs off as her Lois muses try to stop her from laughing*

“Baby cakes, what’s with your arm?” Johnny asked.

Damn! Lois shifted her position to accentuate her legs and hips, before replying, “Two men were fighting over me a while back, and I made the mistake to stepping between them. It won’t happen again.” That was for sure.
You know, I hadn't thought about that.

“I don’t need back-up.” Just what she needed on an undercover job, her overprotective best friend watching her every move. She wouldn’t be surprised if Superman swooped in and rescued her from a too-revealing costume.

“I think you do. I mean, how did you get so close to this guy anyway?” he asked, sounding distinctly jealous.
Best friend? I'd say almost-boyfriend but of course my fellow LnC!Lois begs to differ.

Lois placed her hands on her hips and glowered at him. How did he think? “He’s a man. I’m a woman. Do you want me to…?” Her voice faltered. She and Clark had argued about this before. She looked around the dressing room as a chill crept down her spine. Everything seemed familiar as if she was seeing it again through new eyes. Her gaze stopped at Clark, and widened.
Oh! Is her memory kicking at its cage saying, "Let me out!!! Remember me so that he can get his comeuppance!"

“Lois?” Clark whispered, his brow furrowing. “What’s wrong?”

“Major déjà vu,” she said, reaching out and taking his hand. “Like that time at the warehouse, and in the alley before Lex shot me. It doesn’t feel familiar to you?”
Ok, not quite the bird I was expecting to sing.

“You’ll stay, won’t you?” Lois asked, when just a moment before she wanted to throw him out. She stepped closer to him, and he wrapped an arm around her. She hated this feeling, more than she disliked that he was checking up on her.
Awww! And understandable considering the last time she felt like that she ended up injured (even though it was because she chose to react to that feeling instead of freezing.

“Well, after the Toasters visit, I’m not letting you return without me,” Clark said.

She pressed her lips together. Was that how he thought their partnership worked? “‘Letting me’?” She raised an eyebrow. “I’m already perfectly placed to continue this story, so I’m going back whether you like it or not. I’m still top banana here,” she informed him in no uncertain terms.

Clark grinned and leaned forward to whisper, “You know, Lois, I’ve never had a problem with you being on top.”
*blushing snickers and titters from my Lois muses*
Margot!Lois: Suure, Clark.
Lnc!Lois: *eyeroll*

Her kiss on his cheek after her case of déjà vu the night before had seemed to have given him courage to press forward past friendship. That was not why she had done it. She didn’t know why she had kissed him, but it wasn’t because of that. Suddenly, an image of Clark returning her kisses from their pasta night flashed across her mind, only this time he didn’t stop her and her arm wasn’t in a sling. Her mind continued with a lightning fast montage of images of lying on his bed, in various stages of undress, sweat covering their bodies. A moaning pulsing need rushed through her body.
Oh my!

Lois reached up and grabbed his tie, jerking him forward. “I swear if you ever breathe a word of that to anyone…”

Perry came through the newsroom at that moment, passing by Lois’s desk. She released Clark’s tie as his face was much too close to hers, much too intimate appearing for a platonic partnership. Clark took a step back, but his gaze still smoldered with a hint of smile. Had he really liked the chicken outfit?
Burning even hotter than before. Oh you two...

He shrugged sheepishly.

Oooooh. Lois hated that he could look so adorable when he was guilty as all get out. She owed him a good throw-down, but it would have to wait; she had a story to write. She turned her back on him and started to type.
"A good throwdown..." Lois are you sure you want to use those words?

“Initiative. I like that,” she said, and Clark could almost feel her gaze at it caressed his body, making him feel quite uncomfortable.
Good boy.

Aaand now my Clark!muse is objecting to the term.

By the time she had gotten to the second verse, her eyes still had yet to leave Clark’s. He knew he had a new fantasy to add to his ever-growing list. He didn’t know if she was that good of an actress, or if she wasn’t acting at all, but either way, Clark believed every word coming out of her mouth was meant for him. Not for Superman. Him, Clark Kent.
Why yes it is... although she'd try and kill you if you said that.

His right hand coasted down her curves only to come across the slit in her dress that came up to her mid-thigh. As his hand came back up, he realized it was on the inside of that slit.

“Oh, Chuck,” she moaned in acceptance, her chest pressing against his.

His hand was now on her bottom. The only thing between them were her pair of stockings. His thumb moved back and forth. The roughness of the nylon sent shivers of excitement coursing through him. “Lo…Lo… ” he said, losing control of his voice, losing control completely, as their tongues mingled. He lifted her up and stumbled forward towards a short wall without shelving, leaning her back against it.
Well here comes a second OH my!

“And I thought you’d never ask,” she returned. Suddenly, she placed her hands on his shoulders, and pushed him back slightly. “Protection?”

“I’m all the protection you’ll ever need,” Clark said, moving back to kiss again.
*shakes finger* NOT true, Clark!!

“Right,” he said, stepping back, and pulling his hand out from under her dress. “Raincheck?” his voice hopeful.

“Definitely,” Lois said, running her finger down his chest. “Your place, after work.”

His place was closer. “Sounds good to me.” First things first, he needed to get Lois out of there as her cover had been blown. “Go grab your stuff and bolt. I’ll get out of here as soon as I can and meet you.”
HEE!! Finally you two!

He leaned forward to kiss those damp lips again, when he heard something on the other side of the door. Clark pushed her back up against the wall once more. “Lola,” he moaned between kisses.

“Chuck,” she said, her fingers clawing his back. It was only at the last second before the door swung open, revealing Toni and Lou, her right hand man, with very cross expressions on their faces, did Clark realize that Lois had started to pull his shirt out of his pants.
Something tells me things are not going to go well for poor Chuck. I think these two will break the story well enough without him on the inside from here anyway.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)