Christina: Messenger? What "Messenger"? Clark enacted the guy code with Superman so he couldn't date Lois because Clark wanted her. THAT'S why she's dumping her faux boyfriend, Clark! wink

*snort* Make up your mind, girl! Do you think he's sexy (and you know it) or not???
clap Can she think he's sexy, but that it's wrong to find a man who's not her soul mate (Superman) attractive? And, therefore, be in total denial about it?

Awwww... It's time's like this I remember that this Clark doesn't exactly have his parents to vent things to, unlike the original (canon) Clark. Lois can help sometimes but I'm sure there are times (like situations involving Lois) that he would love to be fully turthful with her.
See, this is why Clark needs Cat to be his friend and confidant with. Not quite the same as Mom and Dad (or wholesome), but at least she's someone.

Looks like he still has his role-models in love. And at least this time it's going to be obvious that they survived as a couple through adverse times.
M&J are great role models for love, which is why they are necessary for the story. More on them later. Plus a trip down memory S1 lane without the Kents would be sad.

he had ended up dwelling on what Lois had told him before storming out of his apartment, about how he wasn’t really living there.

While part of her reaction was due to the fact that canon Clark could furnish his room with travel mementos in seconds flat (my head-canon is that he had stashed it all up in the barn until he had his own place.) That sort of thing makes a difference.
This is actually Clark misunderstanding Lois' "wrong" comment, and putting his own interpretation on it. Yes, that seems like a good explaination on how Clark furnished his apartment so quickly when he only came to Metropolis with one old beat up suitcase (unless of course that suitcase was a relation to Mary Poppins' old carpet bag or had once been owned by Heromine Granger).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.