Lois swore that the first chance she got, she was going to insist that Superman tell her how to contact him directly, so she could cut out this middle man. “Where in the world? What things? Who did he talk to? What did they discuss? This only goes to prove that you don’t have what it takes to be a reporter, Clark, let alone my partner,” she snapped.
Whoa, taking out on the messenger much?

Lois harrumphed and shot a scowl at her former partner. He looked different today. She pressed her lips together and studied him, trying to figure out what it was. She took a sip of the coffee he had brought her – perfect, of course – and stiffened as the difference hit her straight in the chest, causing it to ache.

Clark wasn’t wearing a tie at all, just a black Oxford, buttoned all the way up to his neck, which was wrong, a completely wrong look for him. He had styled his hair in another way, too. It was no longer parted down the middle with a curl coming down on either side of his forehead. Now, it was more on top of his head, fluffier, but one curl still trying to sneak down on the right side, more like the style she given him the other night, when she realized he was lying about who he was. It was all wrong. This new look made him seem sexier somehow.
*snort* Make up your mind, girl! Do you think he's sexy (and you know it) or not???

He reached into his back pocket to pull out his wallet to look at his folks’ photo, when he remembered he had locked it in the safety deposit box with the remainder of his gold.
Awwww... It's time's like this I remember that this Clark doesn't exactly have his parents to vent things to, unlike the original (canon) Clark. Lois can help sometimes but I'm sure there are times (like situations involving Lois) that he would love to be fully turthful with her.

He saw Jonathan lean over and kiss Martha’s cheek for no reason at all, except that he loved her. He watched as Martha squeezed Jonathan’s hand reassuringly in return. It had given Clark hope to see that these people, who were essentially his folks, were still in love; hope that his folks, had they not died, would have still been just in love; hope that he himself might succeed in his romantic endeavors with Lois.
Looks like he still has his role-models in love. And at least this time it's going to be obvious that they survived as a couple through adverse times.

Friday night, he hadn’t slept well, and he didn’t think it was because he was lying on a pile of blankets on a hard wood floor. When he had finally allowed himself to go to “bed,” he had ended up dwelling on what Lois had told him before storming out of his apartment, about how he wasn’t really living there.
While part of her reaction was due to the fact that canon Clark could furnish his room with travel mementos in seconds flat (my head-canon is that he had stashed it all up in the barn until he had his own place.) That sort of thing makes a difference.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)