The Daily Planet
First day on the job!

At least, with the delay, Clark had been able to contact his old professor and implant the false memory of his former student, Clark Kent, should his reference be checked by personnel.
clap

“The Yolngu tribe in New Guinea eat paava leaves to relieve stress. It puts them in a meditative state.
Still am wondering if they show up as coca on the drug test.

Clark suggested, just as he had to the Mr. White over in his dimension. Small universe.
Why did his own PW have blood pressure issues with Lois already dead for a quite some time?

Quickly, he set his feet on the floor so it appeared that he had only stood up as courtesy to her.
Huh, look at.

He was completely unprepared in how this chance meeting slammed him in the chest like a wrecking ball.
evil

He wasn’t even worth a second glance from the woman of his dreams.
Duh!

Maybe the connection wasn’t with every Lois.
Eeehhh…

“Chuck, isn’t it?” she asked.
Okay, that’s new. Something bled over? Either that, or they’re airing Chuck 15 years early.

“I know you,” she said, pointing at him. “I don’t know from where, but you seem awfully familiar.”
Another time. Another place.

“So, Chief, are you hiring Chuck?” she asked Perry. “’Cause I could use him on my team, like an hour ago. I have a lot of research to wade through.”
evil Miss the job, get the girl?

Did he really want to be in this dimension working somewhere else?
How about the Star? Also, I hear Love Fortress is still looking for a male model for their new series.

The Metropolis Star was closest newspaper, but he hoped never to be that desperate for a paycheck.
But it got sure thing headlines and a sure thing blonde ‘reporter’ chick. confused

“Would you like to have lunch with me?” he asked.
laugh

Perry’s door flew open. “Lois! Where’s that mood piece on the razing of that old theatre on 42nd Street that I assigned you?”
OoooH! There you are!

She beamed at him. “I wasn’t in the mood.”

“Lois, honey, this is a newspaper. You may be my star reporter, but you don’t get to pick and choose your stories!” Perry slammed his door.
That oddly reminds me of what a Madame might say in a Vegas cathouse. You just need to replace a couple of nouns.

“Anyway, how are you going to afford to take me out without a job?”
We go dutch?

“Kick a man while he’s down, why don’t you, Lois?” Jimmy mumbled, passing by and dropping a file on her desk.
laugh

“I’m sorry, Chuck. I’m sure you’re a nice guy and all, but I really don’t date reporters – employed or not.”
So, if he were a gopher or a photographer or an editor…?

Suddenly, Clark was curious what her answer would have been if he had asked her while in the blue Suit,
Really? He never heard of ‘be careful what you wish for’ has he? Then again, losing the steady stream of floozies that helped ruffle his sheets must be a bummer…

Her answer probably would have been the same; it was a ridiculous skintight blue Suit, cape, outfit with shorts!
Aaahhhmmmm…It’s a *skintight* suit with an focal point.

Had his confidence come off as cocky?
No. We’re right on schedule.

Lois Lane! That had been the difference. In his dimension, his Daily Planet had been short of reporters because Lois Lane had disappeared.
Right! He really should have kidnapped her, posted an anonymous note in the classifieds section and later sent a picture of her chloroformed body, liberally decorated with ketchup so it looks like she had a red smile. Then he could have asked Perry for a job.

What he needed to do was find a way to make himself indispensable to this Perry and the Daily Planet.
/points to above suggestion/

He would worry about changing Lois’ mind about him another time.
He could romance her while she’s locked up in his Apollo hotel room?

She had been asked on a date. This very morning, some man had been interested in her and had asked her out to lunch.
Yeah. What’s wrong with the fiend?

She had wanted to tell Lucy, when her younger sister had once more started in on Lois’ lack of a social life,
But she turned said guy down, so wouldn’t have helped her cause, really.

who had shown no fear of her and actually asked her on a date.
He didn’t know about the lit fuse?

If he had asked her out for dinner and not lunch…
jawdrop

If he hadn’t been another blood-sucking reporter…
/waits for her to say ‘if he hadn’t been a guy…’

If she hadn’t been tempted to say yes…
She would have gone out with him? Right. Lois Lane. /wonders if we ever had a story where her nickname was Lois, the fast Lane/

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.