thumbsup

For some reason it sounds like there's a better connection between these two than the original. Probably because there isn't the pesky soul-connection gumming up the works. Sometimes it can be more trouble than it's worth.
Don't you know it. It's much better to fall for someone who isn't your soulmate. laugh

Well, it's not a soul-connection but it is full on attraction. I guess that counts for something.
Not 100% soulmate, but 95% soulmate counts for something too, doesn't it?

*snort* Sounds like she's always going to call this Clark "Chuck."
At first, until she learns it's not really his name.

Huh, is she just joking or does she seriously believe they've met before?
Here, she's joking.

This is one spot where CanonClark and AltClark seem to have differing motivations. While CanonClark was disappointed in not getting the position it didn't really seem to faze him (probably because he believed he had other options even though he really did hope to make Metropolis his home.)
Here alt-Clark assumes he'll get the job. Canon Clark knew it was a long shot.

Boy, does he have the gumption to try and take her out when he doesn't have a job. I can't fault him for his assertiveness, though. I do find it interesting that she paused. I suspect there was a moment in the back of her mind where she was going, "yes!!!" before pulling back.
Possbily.

Good Job, Jimmy. Poor Clark, though. He so wants to make her a part of his life and she keeps stomping on his hopes.
Yep, that describes their relationship in a nutshell.

He really should have thought about this one a little more seriously. I mean, the CanonLois did get engaged to a reporter (her partner, no less) so that's rather obvious that's not the case.
But Clark doesn't know that she's the same Lois (essentially) that made him Superman. Maybe in this dimension she sticks to that rule.

For a second I was thinking there might be a possibility that he would consider the idea of dating her as Superman but thought about that again. I don't know whether he was thinking it was a possibility here or not.
It wasn't a serious thought.

Lois, Lois, Lois, you've really got to think about letting loose some of these stipulations from time to time. You'll never find your "prince charming" otherwise.
But soon every man in Metropolis will be after her!

Not sure if it's a date, really but it certainly sounds like a bet at least.
laugh True, but as this is Clark's POV, he's going to go with "date".

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.