EvelynC:
Thank you. I love happy endings. And while I was struggling with the “artistic necessity” of how to end this story, I was glad to find a reason to go with the more upbeat finish.

I showed your response to Bev. She laughed and pointed out that good things always happen when I listen to her. But then I’ve known that for 29 years.

Corrina:
I was fairly sure that many readers would have figured out that I might end up with M&J alive. I’m glad I didn’t disappoint you.

Ann:
Lex is still out there. He disappeared into the Metropolis sewers and hasn’t been seen.

As for the sequel, I see almost too much A and B plot potential. Unfortunately, as I said earlier I don’t see any development happening for a while. I need some recovery time.

Brian:
I would rather hand no explanation at all than a really bad explanation. For example, I’ve always hated the “higher molecular density” explanation for Superman’s powers. You could almost explain his invulnerability with something like that, but then he would have to weigh haw many thousands of pounds. Also, how do you reconcile invulnerability with human-feeling soft skin?

Just last night I watched “The Core.” It’s always a movie that pops up on my “worst science in a movie” list. (But to be honest, I enjoy it in spite of the stupidity of the science.)

As for the B-plot factor in the strength and longevity of this fandom, I absolutely agree. In many cases the stories in LnC were as weak as any show but they achieved a chemistry in the relationship that transcended the stories. (At least, that is my opinion.) That’s the magic that has me here and convinced this old number crunching software engineer to try writing relationship-driven fiction.

Michael:
Thanks. Sorry for the confusion.

Again, thank you all for the wonderful comments. It has all been so nice that – even though I can hardly believe it – ideas for the sequel are actually swirling in my mind.

But it will be a while. smile

Bob