Great part!

I love how you had Clark's power come back for real after he had spent a day on the beach in the sun. Also loved his problems and his solutions to the conundrum of shaving. I remember that in the old comic books, they solved this problem by saying that Superman's beard and hair didn't grow. In one story from the sixties, however, when Superman had been exposed to red kryptonite, he grew a terrific head of hair and an incredible beard. The hair and beard proved impossible to get rid of, until Supergirl and Krypto the Superdog zapped it with combined beams of their heat vision. That's where later versions of Superman incarnations got their ideas on how to keep Clark well-groomed! smile

I was just a little disappointed that Martha and Jonathan returned, because even though I like Martha and Jonathan very much (who doesn't?), I thought their reappearance detracted a little from the story. First, their return was like an afterthought, a P.S., and we weren't told a thing about how they had survived. It was in fact quite unlikely that they would be alive, so their survival was a bit like the infamous deus ex machina.

Also and to me more seriously, their reappearance detracted from what I thought was a wonderful premise of this fic, namely the idea that Clark was almost totally dependent on Lois for his continued well-being, and indeed, for his very identity. It was through Lois he remembered anything at all, and never has she grounded him as much as she did in this fic.

So I loved this story!

Ann