One detail that hasn't yet been mentioned: I'm assuming that you meant the word "pudding" to be a parallel to "meat," "vegetable," and "beverage." In that case, the word which Lois's American brain would have provided would be "dessert" rather than "pudding." A sweet muffin can be a dessert in America, but it can't be a pudding. That's because in America pudding is a specific type of dessert made from milk. It's like a custard. It's served in a bowl and eaten with a spoon like chocolate mousse.
Excellent point. I did not understand the word "pudding" to be generic, but as referring to a specific dessert. I was surprised when the "pudding" turned out to be a dryish muffin. But then I just assumed "pudding" on Krypton was different than "pudding" on Earth. huh "Dessert" would, indeed, be Lois's word to parallel "meat", "vegetable", and "beverage", if that's what was intended.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster