Corrina,

Add me to the ever-growing list of people who have commented that this story just keeps getting better and better! What a great chapter. I was laughing out loud at Kal honestly and openly explaining his plan for getting Lois to marry him.

And I was right about his not having seen the diagram! Well, to be honest, I wasn't sure, but I had my suspicions that he might not have seen it. And his reaction was just as I suspected: "I want to do that with Lois." laugh It will be interesting to see if he is as honest about his desire to do *that* as he was about his plans to woo her!

I think that, even if there wasn't much as far as written explanation, the diagram itself would be sufficient. After Lois's first touch, Kal looked to see if it had left a mark. He definitely knows how his body reacts to Lois's touches. And he knows how it reacted to a hug. (Which reminds me that I didn't mention back in the feedback thread for the hug how much I LOVED the way he described it as Lois draping her body along his.)

Kal quickly figured out that skin-on-skin was better than skin-on-clothes. (Which reminds me that I didn't mention back in the previous feedback thread how much I appreciated the way you had Kal reflect on how he *really* wanted to run his hands through Lois's hair, as well as how if he were to put his hand on her neck when they hug, there would be no clothes to interfere. Their next kiss is told from Lois's point of view, and as they kiss she feels his hand combing through her hair before coming to rest on her neck. drool )

I think it's reasonable for him to figure out that the sort of intimacy illustrated in the diagram would be amazing. And to be able to do that with Lois, would be mind-boggling.

And the secret! I'm going crazy trying to figure out what the secret is! How long do we have to wait for chapter 18?????

PS - I'm still curious to find out how Lois is communicating with the kids. Despite Kal's claim that only adults have translators, the interactions between Lois and Tek's kids read as if they had translators, too. You said there's an explanation for that, and I'm wondering what it could be.

PPS - I forgot to add that I hope you made it to Montreal safely and are enjoying your visit with your daughter. You mentioned going to Toronto. If you drove back from Toronto to Montreal, you probably went through Kingston, Ontario - so that makes up for missing Kingston, NY. (If you've seen one Kingston, you've seen them all - or something like that.)

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster