Today, however, the unfortunate research assistant found herself narrowly escaping being incinerated as Lois treated her to an entire elevator ride’s worth of a patented Lane death glare. Worse, she didn’t fail to transfer her displeasure onto him as well, which he thought was distinctly unfair.
The green headed monster has reared its head.

But the truth is, you may soon have no choice. Even if she were to wake up now, it’s more than probable she’ll remain in a vegetative state for the rest of her life. At best, given the extensive brain damage she’s suffered, I’d predict some very severe psychological complications.”
Oh, dear!

“Do you seriously expect me to take her off life support, Andy?”
Oh, poor Clark! What a horrible decision to be faced with!

“Grandma, no! The woven’s burning!”
Ah, kid speech...

She glared at the blackened dinner, as though it was on behalf of the turkey that the cosmos were aligning themselves against her.
Cajun style!

As small and scared as they were, they were all so strong. After the first panic and clinging terror of losing their Mommy, the children had rallied around him, as though they had organized their own little support system for him.
Awww.... They are worried about their daddy!

For a moment, he was six years old again, without the responsibilities of a hero, husband and father. The world was full of frightening possibilities and unanswered riddles, and he cowered from them in the shelter of his mother’s arms. His fears seemed to melt away in that warm embrace. It transported him to a time when unconditional love smelt like lavender and honey. Like his Mom. And he was her special boy.
I love this imagery. Sometimes we would all like to be six years old again, wouldn’t we?

The poor child I have cursed with the name Elroy (Lucy’s son in this story) is actually named after Silver Age Lois’s pet cat.
I wondered where you got that name! I remember rolling my eyes when I beta-ed.

Great chapter, girl!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~