Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
So, the nfics all get two chances to win a Kerth and all the gfics only get one? Doesn't seem fair at all.

That’s a great point to bring up! At first glance, it does seem like that, but…that’s essentially what is happening now anyway even if the Kerths don’t include nfic eligibility.

I got a PM from an nKerth Committee member who gave me permission to post this on their behalf (they are a lurker who wishes to remain so) for you all in way of explanation as well as an informal announcement about this year’s nKerths.

Please let us know if this addresses your concerns! smile

Sara and the K-Comm

From an nKerth Committee member:
Originally Posted by an nKerth Committee member
Per what Deadly Chakram said above, any nfic story with a gfic version has always had a chance to win two awards (although one might have been a few years later, depending on the nKerth Awards schedule). The only difference is the nfic stories without a gfic version will now have a chance too. I don't really see a problem, but that's just my opinion.

We currently plan on having the nKerth Awards after the Kerth Awards. Our very tentative schedule, depending on what you decide, is Nominations in April, Voting in May, and Winners Announcement in June. With only 35 eligible stories, we only have six categories as of now:

Best Short Story (less than 100 KBs)
Best Midlength Story (100 through 300 KBs)
Best Long Story (greater than 300 KBs)
Most Sensual
Best First Time
Best Overall nFic

We eliminated the categories of Drama, Humor, Waffy, and Else/Alt World because of the lack of stories and because those categories are included in the Kerths. Many nFic stories have a Fanfic version so they were already eliglble or will be eligible for a Kerth for those categories.

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.