As for the graphic design category, I am of two minds on this one. We wanted to include it in order to get people making banners, vidding, doing fan art etc. It's hard to revive something if nobody is doing it.

I have made several fan videos in various fandoms over the last two years. It was something I have always wanted to learn and was inspired by as a teenager by this fandom and others. I know how much time it takes to make a fan video and the hours that go into it because I made several this year.

I also know there are people making incredible banners and fan art and that is something I CAN'T do and would love to see recognized. If I lost in that category to someone who made an incredible banner or piece of digital art I am not going to feel bitter because my fan video took more time to make. Instead, I'm going to hope that by simply being there more people will make fan videos and art next year giving us enough for two separate categories.

But yeah there won't be much this year and they are two different art forms and there would be a lot to decide as to how something is eligible and where to find it etc. So things to think about for sure!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel