Jack, mixing up his morning cup of coffee, noticed her and said to Stacy, “Doesn’t she have a job?”

Stacy looked at him, shrugged and said, “She still does work with her Father at the museum. You know, helping him put together that Napoleon Bonaparte exhibit. From what I understand it’s going to be quite an evening when the tableaus depicting scenes from his life are revealed to the public. Even the governor will be there.”

“Oh yeah, how did you find out all this stuff? Been listening to the bullpen gossip?”

“No, because I listen to conversations and put together the information, but I don’t say anything to anyone until it’s confirmed. Maybe you should read more than just the sports section. Look under Arts and Leisure in the Daily Planet’s Weekend section.”
Jack, completely embarrassed, shifted the conversation back to Lana.

“Speaking of observation. Do you ever notice how she always shows up for lunch after Clark has an assignment with Lois?” He remarked sarcastically.

“Hmmm, you’re right. Wonder what that’s all about?” Stacy adjusted her glasses and cautiously watched the modern tableau before her. “Right now, I don’t think Ms. Lane and Mr. Kent are on speaking terms…”

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube