"This is really typical. Every time we have a good day, some villain turns up to ruin it," Lois interrupted him, annoyed. "So, pray tell me what is Tempus up to now?"

Now, it was the third Wells' turn to clean his glasses. "I don't think that this is Tempus' doing," he said softly.

"It isn't?" Clark asked incredulously.

"It seems like there are three different disruptions in time. That would explain why three versions of me are here at the same time," the second Wells explained. "Even Tempus can't be at several places at once."

"Great!" Lois groaned, exasperated. "Are you telling me that instead of one lunatic there are three of them?"

"Well, unfortunately, yes," the first Wells replied, blushing. "Like I said, I made a terrible mistake. I thought that by letting you raise this kid, Utopia would forever be safe."

Lois looked at the child in her arms with a frown. "Okay, I'm not sure I really want to know, but who exactly am I holding in my arms?"

H.G. Wells turned beet root red. "Ah...well..." he squirmed. "Tempus."

"You've got to be kidding me!" four Kents said in unison.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube