“Wrong with you?” Lois asked. “What makes you think there’s something wrong with you?”

Lucy sank to the couch in tears, “I’m pregnant with my best friend’s baby and instead of celebrating I’m over here pushing him away; and I don’t even have a reason anymore.”

“Lucy…”

“There is nothing wrong with him. I mean, anyone would be glad to have him in their life, but for some reason, I can’t understand why he wants me. Why?”

Lois took a seat next to her, “Why wouldn’t he?”

“What?”

“You’re smart, successful, talented,” Lois began, “Why wouldn’t he want to be with you?”

“I’m screwed up,” Lucy said, irritably.

“You’re screwed up?” Lois laughed, bitterly, “I’m screwed up, Luce.” Lois sighed, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear, “Between the drama with mom and dad and the divorce and every ex-boyfriend I’ve had that has literally stabbed me in the back one way or another,,, And let’s not forget having my son kidnapped while I was unconscious and having everyone around me try to convince me otherwise, including my own husband. Yeah, I’m screwed up, but you don’t see me sitting here scared to face the world. You forced me to take a chance on Clark and look where it got me. I’m married with a family and I couldn’t be happier. So, I’m going to tell you, Lucy Lane, take a chance. Do you love Jimmy?”

“I don’t know,” Lucy shook her head.

“The fact that we’re having this conversation proves you do know.” Lois cut her off. “Take a chance. This last year hasn’t been easy on either of us, but you can’t give up on life. It’s very lonely.”

“I’m not you,”

“No, you’re my sister and I love you very much.” Lois smiled back at her, “Lex pulled a number on you and you crawled into a shell afraid to face anything that came your way. You pulling away like this and constantly shutting down is only going to give him more power over you from beyond the grave. Is that what you want?”

“This has nothing to do with Lex,” Lucy snapped shakily.

“Doesn’t it?” Lois asked.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube