Since no one has guessed it. Here's a hint:

“Think about it, Lois. Whoever is providing the space station for this kind of research would also get the patents for all the cures that are discovered…”

“I think you’re reading too much into it, Clark. I’ve been doing this a lot longer than you have. I think I can smell a skunk in a rose garden better than you can.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Clark asked defensively.

“It means I have more experience at being an investigative reporter than you do.” Lois shot back, “Don’t get all offended. It’s natural, Clark. You’re a rookie. You make the typical mistakes that any rookie reporter makes.”

“Such as?”

“Such as, getting in over your head. You’re looking for a story where there isn’t one. It’s a predictable rookie mistake.”

“Predictable? How is my having suspicions of Lex Luthor predictable?”

“Because it just is…” Lois argued.

He was angry. He knew he was right and she was just ignoring him. On an impulse, he grabbed her and kissed her. He felt her body stiffen against him for a split-second then succumb to the warm caress of his mouth. He slowly pulled away, “Exactly how predictable was that?”

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube