AnnieB

Quote:
“Oh my…,” she whispered reverently. “Hubba. Hubba.”

This Lois knows what she's looking at. Too bad Lana's in the picture.

Years ago Janet Owens used that phase to describe Clark. So glad to use it here! smile1 Lois openly appreciates a very handsome man. Even if he is with Lana, who is most definitely possessive and marking her territory. She is perfectly well aware of how handsome her boyfriend is and has determined not to let anyone sink their claws ...uh ... nails into him.

Quote:
The man on the other line spoke softly, as if he did not wish to overhear. “This is not about a job interview. Perhaps we should meet; my colleagues and I have a fascinating story to tell …”

Hmm ... is this about Daae? Lana? Luthor? Clark's extracurricular activities?

Clark is still a reporter and one who by this time is developing a good reputation for honest reporting in Metropolis. Tipsters and other folk call him all the time about things brewing in the Big Apricot! All will be revealed in time ... smile

Quote:
For a brief moment he was a younger man, happily in love, but all too soon the blissful memories were overcome by distressing ones of her decision to marry Lex instead of himself. He spoke aloud with a voice so filled with anguish and hurt no one would have recognized it as the voice of Gregory Daae. “No Arianna, you wounded my spirit a long time ago. Only a fool would allow something like that to come about again. Our ship has sailed once and for all.” He sighed sadly and departed for his townhouse in order to prepare for the ball.

A brief moment of humanity for Daae!

A 'brief moment' indeed!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.