Artemis

As a Napoleon fan and history teacher, I must object to this. Napoleon was 5 foot 6 inches, which was average height for a man of his time.

Groobie

The first Duke of Wellington was about 5 ft. 10 inches, but he was very thin and slender and stooped a lot, so he appeared shorter.
I took Lana's comment as another reason to put down someone who was famous. Actually the rep for Napoleon's supposed short height was due British propaganda that still holds sway today.

I am learning a lot more about the French Emperor and the first Duke of Wellington. Lana's comment was a combination of my belief that Napoleon was short and her desire to put him down. I love this kind of back and forth discussion between readers in the feedback threads! This is what we writers live for!

Now I better make sure my research on Napoleon is airtight! Groobie keep pointing out any errors I make! thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.