LMA

I like that you've given Lois and Clark a good six months to work together. Things aren't 'new' between them--by now they'd be fairly used to each other, comfortable around each other, settled into working as partners. The fact that they have been in each other's lives a bit, witnessed day-to-day stuff, I think adds more to them becoming close and (hopefully wink ) falling for each other. There's more 'history' between them and more for them to gain from each other.

Yes! clap I have never been the writer who has Lois and Clark fall madly in love with each other at first sight. In the series, the expression on Clark's face when he sees Lois for the first time is one of attraction, but not of falling deeply in love. Being in love happens over time. As you mentioned they have a history together. In this universe Lois is not thrown off balance by her relationship and engagement to Lex. This way they get to spend time together as co-workers which will gradually lead them to something more.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.