Groobie

Four years to write?! Wow! That's amazing!

Yup. The rough draft was started in July of 2012. It took that long to create this world while writing my other stories. So many drafts and edits along the way and I'm still making changes to the final draft. Whew! dizzy Without the assistance (and persistence) of my betas, it is unlikely the story would have ever seen the light of day.

So, they're both taking things very slowly. Six months in this part, giving time for their working relationship to evolve, and six months to allow Daae and his conspirators to work through their plan. Lana's possessiveness has the effect of tempering any thoughts of a personal relationship - Clark is immediately marked as off limits to Lois. I like that she acknowledges Clark's attractive qualities, and that her mind is processing the odd connection between his arrival and a drop in the city's crime stats. We didn't get Clark's perspective on this time period, though - how he's feeling now that he has met and worked closely with Lois, and how he's feeling about Lana right now. He defends her outwardly as "not possessive", and yet he can't be oblivious to her marking of her territory.

I'm just really drawn in to this world you've created, and am definitely looking forward to the next part.

To pull off the kind of stunt Daae and company are planning does take time, especially since EVERYTHING they are doing is illegal. sad

I want Lois and Clark to work together as a team and get to know one another better. There is a definite attraction there, but Lois has been badly burned in the past, that and the fact that Clark is in a committed relationship already is holding her in check.

There is another reason which won't be revealed for awhile yet.

As for Clark? Oh he is aware of his partner and that will become evident eventually. whistle

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.