“Oh my…,” she whispered reverently. “Hubba. Hubba.”
This Lois knows what she's looking at. Too bad Lana's in the picture.

He smiled graciously and tore the blue wrapping off, then opened the box which held a large gold picture frame containing a color photo of Lana, her left hand touching her face and on the ring finger was Clark’s college ring. He looked down at her and she grinned happily.
Lana is definitely marking her territory.

After one such mishap, followed by her partner’s disappearance, Lois mused about him, <He’s around when things happen, than he’s not around when they happen. Maybe he’s the one that makes them ‘unhappen’?> Lois chuckled. <Where did *that* thought come from? I must be going crazy, how could a guy like Kansas be anything but a mild-mannered reporter from the Midwest?> Nonetheless the odd occurrences continued and Lois’ intuition worked subconsciously to make sense of the matter.
Keep going, Lois ... you're getting warmer.

Clark stared hard at her, the tone of his voice steely, “Lana is not possessive.”
If Lana were any more possessive, she'd put Clark on a leash.

The man on the other line spoke softly, as if he did not wish to overhear. “This is not about a job interview. Perhaps we should meet; my colleagues and I have a fascinating story to tell …”
Hmm ... is this about Daae? Lana? Luthor? Clark's extracurricular activities?

“Good Day Monsieur Templar. I trust you have enjoyed the perks of our association?”

Jasper Templar stood by a bookshelf looking over the leather bound classics such as Moby Dick, by Melville, Tale of Two Cities, by Dickens and War of the Worlds, by H.G. Wells. He angrily grimaced at the last volume than turned and smiled at his employer.
Tempus?

For a brief moment he was a younger man, happily in love, but all too soon the blissful memories were overcome by distressing ones of her decision to marry Lex instead of himself. He spoke aloud with a voice so filled with anguish and hurt no one would have recognized it as the voice of Gregory Daae. “No Arianna, you wounded my spirit a long time ago. Only a fool would allow something like that to come about again. Our ship has sailed once and for all.” He sighed sadly and departed for his townhouse in order to prepare for the ball.
A brief moment of humanity for Daae!

I'm enjoying this story.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland