Hi Vicki! Wondering what’s up with these two smile1 Let’s see…
Alone.
Oh, duh! [Linked Image] Okay, guys, who’s keeping the Kryptonian isolated? You *know* he needs a Lois to properly flourish. Otherwise, he just sits around and mopes the entire day.

I can't hear the conversations of my neighbors,
WOMAN: You come home at *this* time? And you smell! What is that, whisky and cheap floozy? [Linked Image]

clear as day though they live several miles down the road.
Oh, where is he? Smallville?
CLARK: Don’t be silly, Lana only lives 1.5 miles down *that* road.

No sounds of screams coming from the Smallville hospital,
Please! Please, no more cutting! Please, not the bone saw! Have mercy, at least give me something to drink first!

Space.

Endless space.
These are the adventures of the Kryptonian baby capsule NK-1702…

I can see and hear what I should not be able too.
LOIS: Check.

I can set fires with my eyes.
JIMMY /looks at Lois/: Check.
LOIS: mad
JIMMY: Double-check.

My breath can chill just about anything.
CAT: She certainly is the Ice Queen.

My muscles are able to lift things that are many, many times my own weight.
RALPH: I never tested that theory. But then, I do like to stay clear that one time a month.

My skin is impervious to cuts, scrapes, bruises, burns, and punctures.
PERRY: They sure never stopped her from bringing home the next big story.

I'm faster than any car, truck, train, or plane.
TAXI DRIVER: And they call *us* reckless drivers.

I can fly.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

What difference does it make if I'm from Earth or some planet from Alpha Centauri?
He’s a Na’vi? Should have seen that one, tall and blue that he is.

Oh, I know certain things - values instilled in me by my parents since the day I unexpectedly crashed into their lives. I know I'll never use my extraordinary abilities to hurt people or to cheat my way to the top.
LEX: So it *is* nurture, not nature. I wonder if I can get a copy or mind-wipe him or something…

Lana sure forgot about me fast. We broke up and a week later, she was dating two other guys simultaneously.
Maybe he *should* have put out? Maybe *then* she’d not have been looking elsewere?

I'm not looking for perfection. I'm not expecting some grand utopia to materialize before me.
LEX: So, he *doesn’t* want to remake the world in his image?

I just want to - for once - feel some kind of connection to a place.
TRASK: I could shackle him to a wall. Would that help?

And, to my lasting surprise, the world has embraced him, though they have every right to be terrified of the awesome powers he wields with such ease.
Well…considering the nuke in Independence Day didn’t work, why would it against Superman. Best to just placate him with virgins.
RALPH: He’s got heat vision. Maybe we should see if he can thaw the Ice Queen.
CAT: Are you nuts? The man needs an *experienced* welcome party!

And yet, I've always feared this place in my life, where I am completely exposed to the world at large.
Maybe he should have used something sturdier than spandex, then?

And if Lois can't tell that Clark and Superman are one and the same
LOIS: Clark? Uh… He’s…uh…5’10? Dark hair, going bald. A hunchback kind of, right? Always wears old suits he got from goodwill? huh

And yet, maybe I don't have to be as lonesome as I once was.
[Linked Image] : The Guardian of the People bears his cross alone, forsaking all worldly relations to focus on what is important.
ALFRED: wave
[Linked Image] : The Guardian of the People still needs someone to prepare his morning coffee, iron the newspaper and wash the sheets.
SELINA: wave
[Linked Image] : The Guardian of the People’s butler needs a reason why the sheets require washing. Also, she’s a cat-burglar, what part of ‘very flexible’ don’t you get?
[Linked Image] : confused This whole thing is very confusing.
LOIS: You will *not* sleep with Cat.
[Linked Image] : Yes dear?
LOIS: And you will make your *own* breakfast.
[Linked Image] : I can see why you are thinking of staying alone in this world. But maybe I introduce you to Linda King? Vicky once mentioned she was a passable reporter. Plus, a blonde!

the once burning wanderlust within them now fully extinguished, so that not even the minutest ember survives.
And yet, he almost up and left numerous times.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.