Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
"Jor-El was wrong."
"Used to."
"Lois."

You've shown that often the shortest, simplest sentences are the most powerful.

I love the last line of the story. With that one line, you've managed to turn what was an otherwise incredibly depressing piece into one of hope. (And I say that even though I've always disliked the whole reincarnation premise.)

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I had been sure, as I was reading the earlier parts of the story, that you would end with Lois telling Clark, while they were in his special "betwixt and between" place that he was not alone anymore. Silly me...

Thank you, Lynn. I love those short, simple, but powerful sentences - whenever and wherever I see them. I think they really hit home, somehow.

I'm glad you liked the last line. I've always been on the fence about the reincarnation thing, but I *do* like the idea that Lois and Clark's souls are intertwined - that you won't find one without the other. It just hammers home just how strong their love is.

I did want to provide a comprehensive overview of Clark's life with this tale - how his "alone" moments came fast and furious in the early stages of his life only to become fewer and further between as Lois comes into his life and they build a future together. Of course, I think the most devastating moment would be if he outlived her, and I thought it would be fun to spend time with Clark the very last time he gets to visit his special place.

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon