So sad and melancholy, DC. I wasn't expecting a fic to stretch the entirety of Clark's life into all the dark spots. You actually made me tear up when he started in about the end of Lois's life and how he knew he would be alone again. /hugs Clark/

I agree with what Groobie wrote:
Originally Posted by groobie
I can definitely believe that that feeling of being alone, disconnected in a fundamental way from the rest of the world, would persist throughout his life. That at every low point in his life, he'd come back to that feeling.
Yet, one would hope that Clark went up to his alone spot in times of happiness as well, not only when he was depressed. I would think Clark in his optimistic way would also go to his alone spot to celebrate not being alone anymore. After meeting Lois. After first kissing Lois (real, not a ruse). After Lois tells him she still loves him despite him lying to her about Superman (i.e. with Lois.) After Lois proposes. After hearing he'll be a father for the first time (and the second and third, etc.) After spending a night with his baby crying ALL NIGHT LONG and he *needs* some alone time and quiet. After learning his child has powers like his. (That could both be an exciting and scary moment for Clark.) Taking his child up to the spot. You make being alone sound like such a bad thing. Sometimes being alone is a great time to take a moment to reflect and celebrate the good in one's life. I, too, was looking forward to seeing him bringing Lois to share his alone spot.

It was a good story, reflecting on some of the sad times in Clark's life.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.