Hi Mouse wave

While I haven't had to deal with depression, I did work in the front offices of a mental therapy/psychiatric clinic before we had children. I really got to know the patients in those few years I worked there--witnessing the ups and downs of 'life'. My heart went out to them, just like it completely goes out to you now sloppy.

Personally, the thing I struggle with--and have always, for as long as I remember, struggled with--is worrying. About this. About that. About 'this' again blush. It's amazing just what I can worry about. And how whatever that is has changed through the years. It's completely in my nature. My mom worries. My dad worries. Completely about different things, but they both do.

And, to add some fun into the mix, I tend to be quite the perfectionist. All or nothing. Completely on board, or will not make the effort.

It's not the best mix--and it leads to more worrying about 'perfecting' whatever needs to be 'perfected' smile. (Ironically, my husband just came home with a personality test a few weeks back that had been given at work. I took it out of curiosity, and it came back stating that I worry too much--among other things, like I tend to be too particular, LOL dizzy/ shock/ huh ). Here's to knowing yourself smile.

Anyway, for me, finding something to take my mind off whatever I'm letting myself get bothered by seems to work. Finding a distraction. Something to be absorbed by. And that 'thing' for me--my go-to, complete 'ecape'--is L&C. For some reason, always, it has had the capability to totally entrall me. For the longest time it was the show...bad day, put in an episode. Bad week--start a marathon grin. Now it's the boards and these stories. The archive. FDKing.

L&C came on when I had just turned 13. The start of junior high. It was there during those teenage years. Had all my tapes in college. Watched them when I was settling into 'life' and trying to figure out what that life was. And then I had the DVD's after I was married, had our children, and we decided to move away--from everyone--to a new state for a few years. The show was always just 'there'...it was a safe place to go to, get caught up in.

While we were still out of state, when I really needed it, I found the Archive and these boards. HUGE blessing hyper. You guys were company when I really needed it most.

Now we're 'back'--living close to friends/family. Things are amazing, we are totally blessed. But...there's still things to worry about--trust me, I find them peep. There are still things to over-analyze, too. There are times when I completely crave escaping myself b/c I am too uptight.

And that's when I feel so thankful to a show that's been around and helped me through a lot of my life.

Thinking about you, Mouse. Please keep us posted on how you are doing, how things are going...
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~