Okay, so this might be awkward, but I consider this to be a safe space, so I thought I'd air this out here...

I've been trying to get a handle on my depression on my own for a while now. It's not obvious (I don't think), and I am for the most part able to function really well. I have periods of time where I can pull myself together and make a really good effort for a couple weeks, but I tend to just slide back later. I don't even realize it sometimes until it's happened.

I've hit a point where I realized it's not going to work just on my own.

So, since depression is actually a really prevalent issue, I thought I'd put this out there to see what advice I could get. Most people either experience depression or know someone who has in their life. And that number gets even higher when regarding creative/artistic people (in which writing is included).

I'm not asking for personal stories or any private information-- no pressure to share here unless you want to. But I'm curious to know if there's anything in particular that you or someone you know has found helpful. Any advice you could give would be appreciated. smile

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain